Liked: 0

Default Roll Call for Grattan Double National, Memorial Day

I will be at Grattan for the Memorial Day weekend Double. The online entry list has just one other Ford, Mike Kolthoff, but I have heard that five are registered. Who is registered? Anyone else going?

Liked: 3

I'm a maybe........

Liked: 601

Default FF - Grattan

I spoke to Dave McGinnis (Canada) earlier today, who will be there with his Vector (sp) FF.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 3

Default Two races listed on Motorsportsreg

Allen:

There are two races listed on the Motorsportsreg website for the Grattan event. The other event has several more FF's listed: Davison, Ruediselli, McGinnis and some guy named Lindstrand.

See ya soon!

Cindy

Awesome. That's great news about this Lindstrand guy.

Taking Andrew's maybe as a yes, it looks like 8 Fords, in our "dying" class.

Quote Originally Posted by cff96 View Post
    Allen:

There are two races listed on the Motorsportsreg website for the Grattan event. The other event has several more FF's listed: Davison, Ruediselli, McGinnis and some guy named Lindstrand.

See ya soon!

Cindy

Liked: 20

Default Grattan

Count me in!
    Paul Reineck

The track has been repaved from the entry to turn 1 through just before turn 4.

There is a deficit of grip on this new pavement. In several spots, sealer is being put down fairly regularly, and these spots have even less grip than the base paving. As you turn into 1, for example, there are clearly visible patches that are very slippery.

Turn 1 is really different due to the new pavement: Before this year, whenever I went through turn 1, I always thought I had slowed the car too much and that the corner just had more speed. With the new paving, it was just the opposite: almost every time I went through turn 1, I felt, wow, I just escaped by the skin of my teeth.

The damp track for Monday's race made part of the track even more of an adventure each lap.

My search for grip in this area of the track landed me off course on three separate occasions during Monday's race. I finally did manage the find the edge - I just didn't manage to stay on the right side of the edge!

Liked: 42

Default RESULTS?

Thanks for the track update Alan,

But you must have pushed 'POST' before you typed out your typically thorough and complete RACE update.

well?
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

LOL

I got my first national podium, Marc!

So Sunday went like this:

1. Reudisueli 1:22.2
    2. Wheatcroft 1:22.7
    3. Davison 1:23.5
    4. Lindstrand 1:24.2 (who dat?)
    5. McGinnis 1:24.7
    6. Reineck 1:25.2
    7. Kolthoff 1:22.0 (shift problem?)

Monday on a drying track was crazy. We had a wet set-up with hand-grooved 25s - slicks would have been fine as there were only a few wet areas (exit of 10, for example) but lots of damp places. The track didn't look that slippery . . . and I don't spin that much - but I spun in the first corner of the first lap and rejoined in last place, then went off in lap 20 and spun onto the grass in lap 21. I was really pushing . . . I had somehow gotten from last (behind all the Vees) to 3rd when I started flying this way and that at the end, acting like there had been no rain ever on planet Grattan. This strategy wasn't particularly bright, but it was a lot of fun!

1. Kolhoff 1:25.5
    2. Reudisueli 1:28.2 (rain tires)
    3. Davison 1:27.1
    4. Wheatcroft 1:25.8
    5. Reineck 1:30.9
    6. Lindstrand 1:30.6
    7. McGinnis 1:32.4 (rain tires I believe)

To add to it all, Sunday was my 100th race with LMI. Thanks to Bruce, Nick, Cindy, Jeff and all. It has been a helluva ride . . . so far! It's not possible to say enough and to thank LMI enough for what they've done for me through the years. Celebrating our 100th with a podium at Grattan was very sweet.
    Last edited by Allen_W; 06.02.10 at 6:50 PM.

Liked: 9

Nice job Allen!!!
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    I got my first national podium !
    CONGRATS ALLEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a big deal, and in a strong field too, good job.

Way to mark 100 races.

Glad you got to use those inters, I know you were itching to run em at RA.
    Next time keep em off the green stuff,...........
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    LOL

I got my first national podium, Marc!

To add to it all, Sunday was my 100th race with LMI. Thanks to Bruce, Nick, Cindy, Jeff and all. It has been a helluva ride . . . so far! It's not possible to say enough and to thank LMI enough for what they've done for me through the years. Celebrating our 100th with a podium at Grattan was very sweet.

Excellent Allen! Congrats. And no, one cannot say enough good things about the LMI crew. Nice way to celebrate race #100!

Steve Barkley

Thread Information