Liked: 0

Default new corner assembly components

Hello all

I am new arround here. I would like to design my own corner assembly, I want to design my own upright and use the rest of the components from any manufacture. I would like to know where can I find the rest of those components (wheel hub, wheel nut...), my idea is to get an assembly that allow me to use a centerlock wheel. Those components sould be obteined easilly, I don´t like the idea of something specially desing for my uprights.

Thank you very much

Liked: 273

Default I have what you need

I make several different iterations of upright parts. The most recent design which I really like is what Dustin Wright is using in his new 2010 F1000. The assembly is fully FEA designed so feel confident about it's strength.

It uses an 84mm diameter bearing which is readily available. The front upright parts use an outer hub with integrated brake rotor hat. The rear has an inner and outer drive flange with intergrated brake rotor hat. Both front and rear assemblies use the same heat treated CrMo steel stub axle threaded for a CENTER LOCK wheel nut.

He has these parts in stock...just made a bunch of them for him 4 weeks ago.

Contact Dustin Wright at Phoenix Race Works...he is a member of this forum.

Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering
    Last edited by ghickman; 05.16.10 at 4:49 PM.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    I make several different iterations of upright parts. The most recent design which I really like is what Dustin Wright is using in his new 2010 F1000. The assembly is fully FEA designed so feel confident about it's strength.

It uses an 84mm diameter bearing which is readily available. The front upright parts use an outer hub with integrated brake rotor hat. The rear has an inner and outer drive flange with intergrated brake rotor hat. Both front and rear assemblies use the same heat treated CrMo steel stub axle threaded for a CENTER LOCK wheel nut.

He has these parts in stock...just made a bunch of them for him 4 weeks ago.

Contact Dustin Wright at Phoenix Race Works...he is a member of this forum.

Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering

I just only want to design the upright and use the rest of the components from stock, but those parts and spare accessibility must be very good.

Liked: 273

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I just only want to design the upright and use the rest of the components from stock, but those parts and spare accessibility must be very good.

All the parts I listed above are the INTERNALS for an upright....YOU SUPPLY THE UPRIGHT.

Contact Dustin Wright at Phoenix Race Works. email is wrightracingworks@msn.com

These are OFF THE SHELF parts and he has them in stock. I am sure he will suppy you with technical specs so you can make your upright fit the parts properly.

Gary Hickman

Thread Information