Liked: 29

Default April / May Event

I was out for just Sunday May 2nd, we had a good turnout in the Yellow group - 2 FC, 5 EFF, 2 FV/FST, 2 Roadsters (run as CSR) and 3 Legends for a total of 14 cars. Jeff Watson was in a class of his own with a new Ivey engine with the new cam and lightened flywheel along with a new set of slicks. Unfortunately he lost a freeze plug in the qualifying race (just blew right out ).

I'd had trouble engaging 2nd gear, first on down shift and then up shifts... we had a bit of nasty weather with lot's of blowing dust so I opted not to pop the gearbox apart and find the cause... so mostly just used 1,3 & 4th.

Jens tried a an inside pass on the first lap of the main event as I was struggling with old cold slicks and shifting just right in the carousel so I could use 2nd for a good exit speed... unfortunately he caught the curb just wrong with a rear wheel and managed to spin in front on the whole field . Everyone missed him and we had a good clean race and a lot of fun.

I finally got my Motorsports Hero Wide to work and have posted some video here:http://www.youtube.com/user/jbhowlan.../1/CTRuuCoQHII

Next event should be special - being held at the new Inde Motorsports Ranch on Memorial Day weekend.
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Liked: 210

Sounds like fun, John.

Did you open the gearbox up yet? What did you find? Bad Dog Rings? Hopefully not something worse.

CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post

Did you open the gearbox up yet? What did you find? Bad Dog Rings? Hopefully not something worse.
    No idea, haven't had time to take it apart yet (need to ASAP). Very strange, no grind, tried with & without clutch (I usually up shift without and downshift with). Shift lever just stopped when going into the 2nd gear gate. Works fine when running with wheels off the ground (car on stands) and sometimes OK on the track. No changes from last time other then a set of gears I'd never run, no linkage binding. When it worked it worked fine...
    John H.
    Reynard 88SF

Thread Information