Liked: 126

Default LRP National This Weekend

Ron Ignatowski and I are signed up. I hope I can make it - have to install the new engine and fix a bunch of other stuff - and no crew for me either. Will figure it out.

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Ron Ignatowski and I are signed up. I hope I can make it - have to install the new engine and fix a bunch of other stuff - and no crew for me either. Will figure it out.
    Sounds like you are going to have a very busy week.

Good luck to both of you.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 0

Rob

Keegan and I are going testing Tuesday and willl be back Thursday night. If we can help let us know.

Fred

Thanks Fred - I'll need help buckling in only on Friday. But one of my grid friends will probably do it. See you guys there. Still some things left to do on my car, but it looks like I'll make it.

Another tough weekend. Two Nationals in a row have been down...

I rushed to get another engine in the car for this race. Had forgotten to tighten the dry sump scavange line and got meatballed in Qual session 1 yesterday. Made qual session 2 but it was cut short / black flagged, then checkered. Fred Bross (CSR) protested, and they gave us a third session. For me, between the engine being a dog and the R25's sliding all over the place, my times were almost 3 second's off last years pace. So my Wife (!!) insisted I buy new tires (R35's this time) for the race today.

My dog of an engine lasted 3-4 laps during the race today and internally blew up. Feels like a broken conrod but not sure yet. Sounds like it is running on 3 and vibrating like crazy. Regardless of what went wrong, it is getting Sh__tcanned. An FC pinto was consistently pulling away from me on the front straight, but I had tons of grip with the new R35's and a move towards to stiffer shock settings. So Iggy won, and I DNF'd.

The new 08 engine is going in next as well as an effort to lose weight.

Thanks to Barry Wilcock for the help crewing today.

Liked: 96

Default Photos

I added a photo album with photos from today to my profile. Enjoy!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Nice photos - thanks.

#4 conrod broke and ventilated the block. There was no oil mess, and the engine still ran. It seems the dry sump keeps the oil level in the crankcase pretty low. I suspect a misfire was why the engine was a dog and led to extra stresses on the moving parts.

08 R1 is going in next, and I'll be more careful with its installation. Crankcase looks to be the same as the 04-06, so the pan, rear drive box sideplates, and dry sump assembly will bolt right on. Wiring loom, ECU, and throttle bodies are different. I'll have to work those issues.

AC Moto sent me the 08 R1. I inspected the crankcase, head, and gear internals, and it looks pretty good. As Coopstar recommended, I will conduct a quick leakdown before it goes in. AC Moto has the usual engines that we have to replace when ours expire. If you use them, please tell them I pointed you in their direction.

Thread Information