Liked: 0

Default BHV-Milwaukee Double National

Approximately 190 cars at Blackhawk. Forecast was dry test day, rain for all three days of the race weekend. In typical fashion, it was wet on the test day and dry, at least through early Sunday afternoon for the FF, FE, FM race, the rest of the time.

Twleve Fords, or should I say 11 Fords and 1 Fit (Bill Ehrlinger). Terrific to see 12 cars in our "dying" class. We ran with 10 FE's and 4 FM's. Split starts, with FM's in with FF's. For the second race, Tim Kautz qualified on an oiled track at 1:11.7 and change. Here's your top 10 in both races:

Race 1
    1. Rubenzer 1:13.4
    2. Grooms 1:14.2
    3. Kolthoff 1:14.1
    4. Blanc 1:14.1
    5. Reineck 1:15.4
    6. Wheatcroft 1:14.9
    7. Luxon 1:15.8
    8. Ehrlinger 1:17.1
    4 DNF's

Race 2.
    1. Rubenzer 1.12.407
    2. Kautz 1:12.415
    3. Kolthoff 1:13.1
    4. Hazleton 1:13.8
    5. Wheatcroft 1:14.2
    6. Grooms 1:14.6
    7. Blanc 1:14.0
    8. Ehrlinger 1:16.1
    9. Reineck 1:15.8
    10. Luxon 1:16.6

Thanks to the Regions for a great show and congratulations to Scott Rubenzer for starting where he left off last season.

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    Tim Kautz qualified on an oiled track at 1:11.7 and change.
    I worked on one of the rescue trucks this weekend and got a whole new perspective for when I get back out there. Regarding the oil...we ended up using a total of 2000 pounds of oil dry over the weekend. With the amount of oil that was put down just prior to the FE, FF, FM qualifying, the 1.11 that Kautz turned is even more impressive.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 447

What happened to Tim in the first race?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    What happened to Tim in the first race?

I think his battery took a dump....
    Jp: thewarehouse "at" msn.com
    www.myinfinitystore.com
    90 Reynard FF

Yes, that 1:11 of Tim's was absolutely incredible. On my fast lap I took a slide on the oil in 5 that made me fear for downtown Beloit! I don't know how the fast guys do what they do in general - but I am utterly clueless as to how Tim could have brought that one off.

I also want to add that the pace lap was quite difficult but very appropriate--a full FIA-style salute to Ron Valine. I am sure that many drove as I did this weekend with thoughts of Ron very close to the surface.

Liked: 447

Yes, the oil in the second qualifier was pretty bad for the first 3 laps or so. Then it wasn't so bad. I picked up a nice 4 wheel drift in 5, 6A, and 7 enough for it to get my attention after the first lap.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Yes, the oil in the second qualifier was pretty bad for the first 3 laps or so. Then it wasn't so bad. I picked up a nice 4 wheel drift in 5, 6A, and 7 enough for it to get my attention after the first lap.
    A case of "your sliding may vary"? My big slide came in lap 12. Of course, some of you guys aren't even phased by such things . . . ;-)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    ...the pace lap was quite difficult but very appropriate--a full FIA-style salute to Ron Valine. I am sure that many drove as I did this weekend with thoughts of Ron very close to the surface.
    Details regarding the salute? Pictures?

Thread Information