Liked: 8

Default MC Spring Training weekend

Howdy folks,

I can't say enough good things about this event... Good track time (4 full sessions is enough to kick me for the day - I cant imagine how the students felt after 6 sessions), albeit with some interesting traffic (read as: slow, scary?)... and I enjoyed some great support.

The Midwestern Council group put on a very professional show the entire weekend - from the race staff and working, to the free beer after Saturday's events....

I also enjoyed some good fix-it work on my car during the weekend... On the last session of Saturday, I broke a u-joint at the yoke. This resulted in some funny noises and the inability to finish my lap. Lindstrand and company went to work on my 30+ year old car about 3 parsecs after I crapped out; and after a few hours of grinding, greasing, profanity and amazingly no beer the car was ready to roll. The next morning ( Sunday) they performed an alignment and I did my best racing of the weekend...

The race...Scott Durbin and I had a great race going, until he lost an oil sender (which, I'm still cleaning oil out my ears) and I promptly passed him (which was questionable until then) and eventually won the club ford race. I'll say with just 3 CF's, I still took my first ever victory lap - I didnt even know how to hold the flag.

More on the blog to follow in a few days.....

regards,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 0

Congratulations, Mike (pssst, there is no good way to hold the flag on a victory lap in a formula car . . . I've been told . . . )

The Council put on its usual great show . . . There were 5 cars in Ford, and, not closing the gap, not falling back either, I got to watch Reid and Marc go at each other . . . those boys can race!

It was a great weekend - and a really fun race until I didn't see the oil that you and Scott were enjoying so much. On entering the carousel, my car went this way, then that way, then onto the grass - and after finding the track again, I kind of putt-putted around after that, very gingerly from 2 to about 5 where the track was so shiny. I've never seen more oil on a track.

My car was spectacular all weekend, thanks to Nick and Bruce. What they did over the winter was spot on - I got in, got the feel for things, and off we went.

Liked: 3

Congrats on your first checkered Mike

Did MC let you keep your flag? I got my first checkered at the frozen regional last fall and SCCA made me give the flag back .

Hope to see everybody on the track at the May Quad!!
    Jp: thewarehouse "at" msn.com
    www.myinfinitystore.com
    90 Reynard FF

Thread Information