Liked: 0

Default In car from Topeka

Did first event at Mid America Motorplex this past weekend with the new car.Things went well I think but the Topeka national is up next and was wondering if anyone would share some in car video with the latest track configuration.I have done plenty of laps with the old track/tracks but only a few with the current.

Any help would be great
    Thank you

Dave V

Liked: 25

Default HPT Videos

Dave:
    There were a couple good videos posted from the 2008 Run Offs.

Tim Webb of Fayetteville, AR, a Midwest Divsion racer, started from the back of the Formula Ford field after missing qualifying and passed about half the field to finish 13th. I think Tim was running 1:39's. There was a restart in the middle of the race after a couple caution laps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuSe-KHx5H4

Mark Jaremko posted a video of the entire race in his DSR, in which he finished 2nd. His fastest lap was just over 1:24 and the winner, J.R. Osborne was in the 1:23's! Jaremko's video (it really looks, and is, fast!) is at:
    http://www.vimeo.com/2098299

- Frank C

Thanks Frank I will check them out

Dave V

Nice video Franklin.Question though,are you guys using first gear in some of the corners?

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

the turn coming onto front stretch thats all i believe

Thanks Franlin,
    I was thinking it sounded like you were going to first right there.A little hard top tell with that sweet ass music playing
    I actually like the layout at HPT now,better flow and some nice high speed pucker areas.Last time I was there was 2006 Run Offs,swore I would never come back,crap track,cold and rainy all week and between the 5 Spec Miatas I was paddocked with we spent most of our time in the tech shed tearing down cars.There were days we were in the shed for 8-10 hours at a time,more then once.I told my self I would never come back to HPT and that whole week-plus Run Offs out in the cold rain was pretty lame.

Anyway gonna be there next weekend to get my butt whipped,I have a lot to learn with this car.I will though.

Thanks again

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

good luck man. its a fun track. keep your mid corner speeds up and keep the motor wound up

Yea a friend sent me the SCCA Run Offs video from 2008.Safe to say you were flogging that thing pretty good!

Thread Information