Liked: 8

Default Which Midwestern Council member club to join?

So I was notified today that I need to be a member of a Midwestern Council Club to race a MC event in two weekends...

Is there any advantage to any of them? I live in Ohio so its not like I'll be coming to meetings on Tuesdays or such....

http://www.mcscc.org/memberclubs.php

Thanks,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 77

Default MC

I have not been a member of the MC for years, but they are great guys.

I was a member of North Suburban.

It really doesnt matter, you cant go wrong!!!

North Suburban Sports Car Club
    Jim Kane
    309-693-7624

Liked: 2

Default Chicagoland Sports Car Club

Mike,

You have probably completed a quick review of Midwestern Council's website and realized that there are numerous 'great clubs' associated with MWC.

As a member of Chicagoland (www.cscc-racing.com) I would like to invite you to review our website and come join us in the fun.

There is a great group of formula drivers in our club that are at every race and will be happy to help you in any way we can, give you a good run for your money, as well as swap 'war stories' after a day of racing.

Feel free to give me a call if you would like.

Denis Downs
    708-361-1160
    Denis.downs@att.net
    Last edited by Denis Downs; 04.06.10 at 9:24 PM.

Liked: 47

I assume you signed up for the school if you are required to be a member. You should be able to race on Sunday with a current SCCA license.
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 42

Default Highly Recommended

I would join Madison Sports Car Club,
    they have some fast and speedy FF drivers as members........

they have a nice newsletter also, either hard copy mailed, or email

http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/

PLUS:
    They have a better logo than the other guys too,
    but I'm not sharp enough to post it.
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Thanks for the info guys, looks like Chicago-Land it is, mostly because they're $45 vs $50 for Madison...

Ian - yes, doing the school on Saturday just for track time ($160 I think - good deal). I already have an SCCA license.

See ya'll in 2 weeks.

Cheers,

-Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

FYI, you do not need to be a member of a club to sign up for track time. At least I didn't have to be when I ran it last year, but that may have changed.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 95

Mike,
    I believe that Matt is correct. I'm not aware of any requirement to be a club member to participate in the Drivers School as a track timer. If there is, it's news to me. I'll find out for certain and then get back to you. As for which club to join, (if you choose) you really can't go wrong with any of them. Chicagoland would be a excellent choice.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Liked: 10

Mike,
    Are you talking about the drivers school or race? If its the race you can run on a SCCA comp license unless something has changed this year. I am not sure about the school.

Having said that I am both a SCCA and Council member. Dont worry about going to meetings etc. I would say the vast majority of us are not going to monthly meetings. It is nice to be a member of the club to receive notices of the races, news letters etc.

I am part of the north suburban club.

Mat

OK people, here's the scoop. It never used to be this way, but, you're now required to belong to a MC club to participate in our Drivers Schools as a track timer. This came about due to some drivers from another organization staging their own race during one of our schools. Yet another case of a handful of selfish individuals screwing it up for the rest of us.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Jack,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm ok with joining - it'd be a no brainer if I lived nearby... but being 300 miles from all the clubs I just wanted to make sure it was required. I'm fine with $50 going to a club - I assume it somehow flows down to free beer on Saturday night!

See ya soon!

-Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default Further clarification

Just so there isn't any more confusion, I'd like to add this further clarification.
    Yes, you are required to be a MC club member to participate in our Drivers Schools. Whether your a student, or doing it for the track time,
    No, you are not required to be a MC club member to race with us, provided that you hold a valid license with an approved sanctioning body. No Novice licenses!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Thread Information