Liked: 19

Default Fast Matt Driving Academy

I have been hired to do driver coaching at VIR and following F2k races... I have bandwidth to take on 1-2 more drivers... (or a van full for the track drive)

I'm offering - track notes, track drive Thursday morning, private session evaluation, data intrepretation, car setup, tricks to race (that won't get you black flagged) etc

I'm slashing prices - because I want to give back for all I have learned....But free just doesn't make sense...Full Service is under $500....Plus shared expenses..

The track drive alone will gain you half to a full second ~ or more.... . If I have enough people, I'll get a van with a low center of gravity....

Move up the grid and gain more confidence

drop me an email matt@fast-matt.com
    cell phone is on my old bio... http://www.fast-matt.com/racing_history.pdf

Space is limited

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Matt,
    How much to cut a second off of cole's time? See you there.

Oooofff You couldn't pay me enough to watch that kid.....

I should probably mention that this is NOT an April Fools Joke...... Probably bad timing on my part......

Contributing Member

All kidding aside anyone new to track should jump on this save you a lot of time and potentially money.

The Fast Matt Driving Academy takes over Road Atlanta the morning of Thursday May 6th. Prior to the first test session.

I will be conducting a track walk at 9am for $50/head. This is normally a $3000 dollar value - but I want to give back to the F2k community...... It will not be a simple walk through - it will be too much information. Please contact me prior to that morning if you are interested.... Walk ups may be accepted, but an aditional fee of 2 guinness will be charged.

I sat on pole at Road Atlanta in 2007 with what I commonly think of as a "lap of the gods". Even today the lap is only .5 second off the current lap record - with softer tires and a half dozen more HP.

Once again I have bandwidth to take on 1-2 people for the entire weekend - enquire within for what your looking for....

FYI - This is what Pole looks like on Drift Weekend.......
    Last edited by Matt M.; 08.31.10 at 8:17 PM.

Liked: 42

Default Grapevine

Word has it you might have or be in the process of looking for a drift ride that weekend too?

Liked: 0

I'll give you $50 for just the girl, sound good?

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post

FYI - This is what Pole looks like on Drift Weekend.......

I remember that Hankook girl pretty well. Do you remember who she was next to on top of the podium after this race Matt? My memory seems to be slipping away in my old age....

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Ouch.........!

.....and if you'll notice where Charles is looking....

Contributing Member

Matt,

How long since someone drives that they can call themselves "Fast". get back in the car.

Liked: 1

I think that "FormerlyFastMatt.com" is available.

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    Matt,

How long since someone drives that they can call themselves "Fast". get back in the car.

Oh don't worry about the Fast - there is still plenty left in the tank. I just use it different ways now......Mowing the lawn, driving down to get ice cream, having a 4 course meal with Stinky in the GTP VIP room..........The occasional ice hockey game (that is usually Gassed-Matt). You know - day to day stuff.....

It seems there is a FatBoy in just about every picture I have........ Not sure how that happens. . Anyway - Sabrina Luke is her name - I know Cole was too shy to talk to girls back then - so probably didn't catch it...... So Joey - I'll take that $50 when I see you.....

No one would like to see me back - Less money for the kids to win - less money for the old guys to win..... Think about all the people who finally cracked the top 5 after I left.... I can't just step in after not driving anything for 3 years and bump them all back. That just wouldn't be fair.... Plus I'd probably never make it to the front - I'd have to go do a regional somplace - maybe a national and work out some test days..... Imagine the blow to my ego if I just showed up to a pro race and didn't go right to the front........

Oh yea - that's right.... I did that too......I'm getting forgetful in my old age

I'm not ruling out a return.... If The Schu can do it - so can I.... But I'll look better doing it

Liked: 3787

For those that wouldn't recognize FastMatt in a red car... that's him in #11 last year at WGI.

Liked: 0

Well JOEY isnt interested in the model, but JONATHAN is I mean cmon Matt, didnt we get so close in our ambulance ride at Watkins Glen?

JS,
    Matt has been in so many ambulance rides at so many different race tracks he cant remember the details.

As Spaulding points out - I have been hit in the head - or hit my head many times.... Sorry JonO - I was thinking JonO but typed Joey - I'm probably lucky I had the right family.... Took me 3 hours to type that up as it is....

Fast Matt Driving Academy will be making a big announcement this PM. The deal needs approval by lawyers in both parties but should be inked by this afternoon at the GTP Components head quarters.....

As much as we have all hijacked this thread, I would like to say if you have a some extra money, pay Matt to coach you. You'll spend less than a new set of tires, and go faster than you ever have before. The guy knows how to drive an F2000 car. As hard as it is to admit, Fast Matt knows what he is doing.

Thread Information