Liked: 0

Default 84 VD photos or drawings

Hello all,

I recently bought George Bugg's RF84 Van Deimen. The previous owner had decided to convert it to a DSR car but I intend on converting it back to an FB car. The car will be based in SE Wisconsin and will be, at least initially, run in Midwestern Council at Blackhawk and Road America.

The rear compartment was reworked by cutting off everything on the lower frame aft of the forward engine compartment. I will include a picture as soon as I can figure out how to attach it.

If anyone has photos or drawing of an 84 VD conversion I would really appreciate it. Especially the rear suspension and how the bottom of the shocks were mounted. In the 84 the shocks were Koni 8212 (IIRC) mounted vertically.

Mike Sauce had a fuel cell so that hurdle is cleared.

I've attached a photo of the rear as I bought the car and another of the parts I assembled from the original VD suspension. The two lower longitudinals are temporary wood pieces. The two aluminum shear plates were somewhat distorted. I suspect that this was due to slots cut in them to allow for sprocket clearance.

John
    Last edited by johnfromwis; 04.26.10 at 11:38 AM. Reason: misspellings

Thread Information