Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Progam/project/product manager

Seeking a position as described above in Southwest Ohio.

Also am a degreed mechanical engineer.

30+ years experience in OE auto parts manufacturing and water treatment devices.

PM me if anyone might know of someone I could check with.

Steve Demeter
    Last edited by Steve Demeter; 03.21.10 at 7:12 PM.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

If you are willing to move 50-100 mi west, check out cummins in Columbus In, and NSWC Crane.

Liked: 79

Sorry to hear Steve. I will keep my ears open. While working in OE, were you working for a Tier 1 or 2 supplier?

Been down that road far to often in manufacturing. Lost a job in 1998 and 2000 in NE Ohio due to plant closings. Moved to FL to work for a Fortune 500 telecom equipment mfg, who then decided to move product to China and NC in 2002, so another one was lost. Went to work for a small medical device company that was planning on getting a big contract that fell thru-so another one was gone in 2004.

I am fortunate to work for another large company since 2004, still in manufacturing. I am also somewhat politcally active in the hope that this country will foster an environmnet that allows manufacturing jobs to be created in this country.

Keep your chin up and best wishes.
    Last edited by Bob Coury; 03.21.10 at 9:01 AM.

Liked: 139

Default Not a job, but nice story

A young fresh graduate in mechanical engineering I met recently (unemployed) went to a job interview. During interview was asked if he had ever worked on anything. This "kid" looks about 18 to me. He got to tell them that just last week he was putting a CDS data system on a friends formula race car. He got the job doing destructive testing for hydraulic system parts with opportunity to move into engineering dept.
    Last edited by J Leonard; 03.21.10 at 7:59 PM.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Bob,

We were about 95% Tier 1 and the rest was Tier 2.

And I thought I was only one of hundreds of thousands who lost jobs because the work went to China.

Now it is hundreds of thousands and one.

Steve

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

I work for a manufacturing company as well - we have been quite successful in defending our turf in the US.
    So my then 17 year old daughter is telling me that she is planning on majoring in Computer Science. Dumb dad says " I don't think that is a great idea, aren't all those jobs going to India? No dad, you are wrong. Fast forward 5 years, she is a software engr in norcal with a big salary, benefits, stock options, etc. We laugh about that together.

Good luck with your search.

Thread Information