Liked: 1

Default VIO POV Recorder Mounting Options

Hey everyone,

We recently purchased a POV 1.5 from Jim Gustafson (thanks Jim!) and were curious where other FE drivers, if any, using this system decided to mount the recorder unit. We have our camera mounted above the air scoop but can't seem to find a good enough place to mount the recorder. There isn't enough room to the left of the driver's shoulder (where we've previously had our CDS beacon receiver). We've contemplated mounting it near the CPU where we can gain fairly easy access with the rear body work off the car. But we're concerned with the amount of heat down there and whether or not it'll melt the plastic H20 pouch we have it in.

Anyone care to share where they've mounted their receivers, or similar recording devices?

Thanks!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default POV Recorder

Adam,
    I got mine towards the end of last season. I made a little sheet metal box that I could secure into with ty-wraps and velcroed the box behind my hans on the bulkhead. Not being really happy with that I found I could slide it into the "v" space in the frame on driver's left. The cord is just long enough. Stick the remote switch on the "dash". I got a "re-usable" wide cable tie at my local ACE hardware and that seems to hold it in place. I'll post a picture later today.
    Don't forget to cover the mike with some open cell foam to cut down on the wind noise.
    Chuck

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default POV pix

Here's where/how I mounted the POV unit. Now if you installed the cockpit adjustable sway bar, you're back to the behind the HANS site.
    Chuck

Liked: 1

Thanks Chuck!

We don't have the adjustable sway installed, but I'm not sure if the H20 pouch we're using would fit in that spot. Though that spot certainly is convenient.

I think we're going to try and mount it in between the front shocks. I'll post pics once we install it.

Thread Information