Thread: It's Back

Liked: 4

Default It's Back

Well it looks like the Delta Wing isn't dead yet...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...-car-unveiled/

Paul

ASRF1000

Le mans.....maybe. Tight street circuits.....I highly doubt it.

Looks like it should be on the Bonneville Salt Flats

Liked: 307

It will be interesting to see how it performs on track.

While I may not think it will work....I am glad to see someone thinking outside the box in the quest for performance. In most all series today all we see is cookie cutter cars.

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it performs on track.

While I may not think it will work....I am glad to see someone thinking outside the box in the quest for performance. In most all series today all we see is cookie cutter cars.
    I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing it raced and hearing what drivers say. It will be interesting to see if it corners well, because surely most of us think it shouldn't (since dragsters and bonnevile racers dont).

New thinking and technology is cool (as long as it doesn't disenfranchise all the poor current LeMans racers! :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I agree. I'm really looking forward to seeing it raced and hearing what drivers say. It will be interesting to see if it corners well, because surely most of us think it shouldn't (since dragsters and bonnevile racers dont).

New thinking and technology is cool (as long as it doesn't disenfranchise all the poor current LeMans racers! :-).
    Works pretty good for jet fighter planes.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 210

My bet is on a back flip on the Mulsanne straight.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I'll withhold judgment until I see it on track. If they've gone to these lengths to produce the car, even after getting rejected by IRL, then there has to be something to it.

Liked: 1

I've been a racing fan since my first copy of Sports Car Graphic in 1963 and I've seen plenty of unique ideas in racing. But I must ask: What am I missing here? Highcroft Racing, All American Racers and Don Panoz are involved with this project. Have they found a way to defy the laws of physics? Is the straightline speed of the DeltaWing so great that the cornering speed is inconsequential? This project just raises so many questions. And I certainly hope we're not witness to another USF1 debacle.
    Robert

Thread Information