Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 0

Well it's that time again in Hotlanta. Five races in five weeks! I plan to put up another formula corral like at the last race here. GR has gracefully voluteered to host a cookout, details to follow.

So, we need to know who's coming for Labor Day?

[size="1"][ September 02, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Tom Sprecher ][/size]
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Hey GR

I think everyone, and the 10/10ths boys want surf and turf. How's about it???

I may be mistaken but the only surf and turf in North GA is were you lay on the grass and they hose you down. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Liked: 11

LOL.
    I'll be there Tom. Let me know what you need and I'll bring it.
    Hopefully, the fly population will have died down a bit!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Tom, Mark and Team Supertech are tops!

I voluteered to give them a break this event and put on the chef's hat. I thought they deserved the break.

Soooo. I will keep an eye out here to see what kind of head count to expect.

If everyone else wants to again pitch in with drinks, cups, chips, dips (not team members), and the like, I will handle to main course (yet to be determined, but thinking......FROG LEGS!!

But for the 10/TENTHS boys, Surf and Turf it is!! How's about some Scrod and Mountain Oysters??
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

The Red Reynard number 38 does not have the new 'Tall Man' roll bar yet, so we will pass for safety reasons. However, I will probably be available for crew/timing work if needed. I am not sure about Mark Ritter's status at this time.

We both can make good hanger's on if anyone needs groupies. I know Carnut will have more than his share, so we can be umbrella guys for some other team.

Liked: 202

As of 8/22 at 1800:

FA - Woodruff, Festa, Zuccarelli, McBride, Aiken, Belk, Smith, Riceputo

FC - Manfrinato, Dobson, Belay, Smith, O'Connell, Smith, Stern, Poma, Cecil

FM - Lockwood, Garner, Eichler, Vassian

CFC - Hatheway, Russell, Reidler, Eakin, Krolewicz

CSR - Collins, McBreen

DSR - Summers, Smith, Johnston

S2 - Scott

That's 32, by my count.

Remember that this is also "Worker Appreciation" weekend. There's a big cookout on Sunday evening for all participants, plus worker door prizes (donated by the drivers) are handed out to the people that allow us to race. Awards in the past have ranged from a free test day (in an ITC car, I believe) to various containers and types of alcohol. You might want to schedule y'all's cookout for Saturday night...
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 553

Thanks, Butch, for the reminder about the Worker's Appreciation event. I would have felt bad if I had not heard about it. I didn't notice it when I registered on line.

Thanks, Tom, for offering to get us good paddock space again.

Thanks, GR, for offering to host the cookout. I'll donate something. Let me know if you have a preference for what I should bring. If not, I'll think of something. I'm looking forward to attending, but you almost lost me when you planted the picture in my mind of Frog's legs.

Thanks, Rick, for offering to help someone with crew. I don't know my exact plans yet, but there's a chance that I could use a hand. Your offer is appreciated.

And lastly, I'd like to thank my sponsers, except, they baled years ago when I drank the champagne on the podium too fast and thought it would be cool to moon the press.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

To all drivers short on crew -

We will have between 2 to 4 crew each day of the weekend. More help will be there on Sat. vs Mon. but anyone who needs help getting it together in the pits or grid let me know and I'll give you names to put on your crew list. We have so many people we run out of slots and hate to ask people to pay to get in so they can help.

Also, let's all pitch in and get gifts for the workers. I can't remember what we got them last time but I think it was like $10 - $20 a head.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Tom,

I think we ended up getting several gift certificates from "that other steakhouse" (can't remember the name ) up the road next to Publix, where the CFC crowd is actually welcome!!

Well, that is, they haven't yet threated to toss us out on our bums, or call the local constable. In fact, the last time we were in there, they even found Speed Channel on the tv's for us while we ate! I think they may have found a way to turn our attention to somthing other than making noise and getting in trouble [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]

We can pool our $$ and maybe due the same this year.

Russ, yeah I know,...... thinking about what Frog's legs look like, kinda turned my off to the idea too!!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

I appreciate everyone getting in touch to figure out what they can bring to help out w/our little get together.

I'm thinking chicken and/or ribs for the bbq.

Gary Smith has indicated he can help with the shop towels and gear change trays we can use to hold our food and clean ourselves up with when we are finished chowin' down. He may also be bringing some knives and forks to help scrape and pick at those hard to clean spots

Some other ideas include chips/dips, potato salad/cole slaw, soft drinks and cups, xtra ice, and of course DESSERTS!

I'll be bringing some xtra tables for the spread too.

If everyone posts here how they can participate, we will all know what's covered and what's left.

I don't know about you, but I'm hungry just thinking about it!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Originally posted by GR:
    I appreciate everyone getting in touch to figure out what they can bring to help out w/our little get together.

I'm thinking chicken and/or ribs for the bbq.

Gary Smith has indicated he can help with the shop towels and gear change trays we can use to hold our food and clean ourselves up with when we are finished chowin' down. He may also be bringing some knives and forks to help scrape and pick at those hard to clean spots

Some other ideas include chips/dips, potato salad/cole slaw, soft drinks and cups, xtra ice, and of course DESSERTS!

I'll be bringing some xtra tables for the spread too.

If everyone posts here how they can participate, we will all know what's covered and what's left.

I don't know about you, but I'm hungry just thinking about it!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Hi guys, I'll be glad to bring beer if Mich-o-lite is okay. Save me a spot. Are we doing it Sat. or Sun. nite?
    Scott Woodruff

GR, I'll bring a bunch of 2 liter sodas (that's appropriate for this crowd, eh?)

I'll plan to bring ten of them, unless you think that sounds like too many. If anyone has a request for the kinds of soda I should bring, email me @ russmcb@bellsouth.net. I'm no longer employed by The Coca-Cola Company, so I have more freedom in what I can purchase now .

My vote is for Saturday PM.

There are SCCA socials planned for both Sat & Sun evenings, I noticed, BTW. Sunday is the Worker Appreciation social.

Russ
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Saturday night for sure, that way we will be able to participate in the Sunday social.

As for as alcoholic bev's are concerned, I think anything anyone is willing to bring is more than welcome. This crowd has fallen off so many wagons, they won't even let us have one in the paddock anymore

But, for "the crowd" ,sodas are also "on the menu". Tx Russ, that sounds like plenty.

I will post a summary by Tuesday evening so we can all see where we are.

We plan on leaving sometime Thursday, probably late afternoon/early evening. So if you miss letting us know what your able to bring, that's ok. I'm sure it will be consumed what ever it is
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

My attendance as a spectator is probable at some point during the weekend. I actually hope to be delivering the Swift to a new home in New Orleans about the same time...

Doug Jewett

Smith Clan is in
    count us down for 6

I've got the Cabo Wabo! I'll slso bring a couple of side dishes

Sold the car to a guy in New Zealand and I might have to deliver it this weekend. Have not figured out how much speed the expedition and trailer combination need to make it across the big pond. Might have ot install a supercharger. Seriously, we figured out that Louisville is half way between Atlanta and New Zealand so I may have to drive it up one day this weekend. BUT, I will be in attendance for either Sunday or Monday for sure. It will be a really sad day but it will be great to see all of you again.

Michael,

Good to hear your'e coming!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

GR-

After everyone posts figure out what you want me to bring... and we will see you Thursday night!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Hey Carnut,

What do you say about a big 'ol pot 'o BBQ Baked Beans??

Be sure to bring enough to feed your fan club too!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Ok...... I have found that Buffalos has two gift certificate options, $10 and $25. I think it would be better w/the $25 certificates, what does everyone else think???

Also,

Working on my grocery list, and here is a count so far. It may not be accurate, so help me out with your #'s if I'm off. If I'm missing you, let us know.

Who Qty What

Hard Rock & 10/TENTHS 5 Ribs!!
    Team Supertech 10?
    Carnut169 and crew 2(00?)BBQ Beans??
    Mr. McBride 2 Soft drinks/cups
    "Smith Clan" 6? Plates/napkins, k/f
    "formulasuper" 1 BEER!!
    Butch (if he can) 1 BIG Thirst!!

Any others????

I will post again tonight with any changes.
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

There will be 5 or 6 from Team SuperTech for the cookout. We will bring potato salad, slaw, chips, a lime and salt to go with that Cabo Wabo. We'll be thirsty so we might bring some beer as well.

While I'm laying out the paddock with Fletcher I'll ask him about the $10 or $25 gift certificates. I recall from last year that they prefer many smaller gifts over a few larger ones so there's enough that every worker gets something.

formulasuper - I will have space taped off in the paddock at turn one for our group just like the last race. So I can plan for it what size rig do you have?

Also, will anyone be there Thursday or early Friday? If I'm not there, when you see Sandy or Fletcher about where to park tell them you are with me and the formula group. Otherwise, like at the last race some folks may be told to park elsewhere.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

I'll bring the BBQ beans- no problem.

Tom- Jim and I will set up camp Thursday night- will you have the area roped-off or do you want us to do that?

GR- Ribs are cool, but should I pick up somthing else (chicken/ dogs/ burgers...) for the folks who don't eat Pork?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Tom:

I need a spot for a full size transporter and my rig

If you can save us the spot that we parked at last time and the spot next to it

we will be in by noon Friday the other transporter should be in around 11AM

Any news on Court??

What is the Frog up to?? He has been laying low on the lily pad since the last Road Atlanta race..Do we have some secret testing going on down South?

Liked: 3787

It is with extreme sorrow that Purple Frog Racing must send it's regrets. We will not be in attendance this weekend.

Sir Court Dowis (self proclaimed CFC Champion of the New Millenium), currently 4th in the SARRC FC battle, also sends his regrets.

Sean,

Great news on the beans, and, I didn't even think about the pork issue How about a few beef ribs too? Otherwise, I will cook any special requests brought by whomever.

Super, Team Supertech. Items noted !

As for Frog...........Frog indicates he is going into meditation (or was that therapy??, Oh well, whatever......) this weekend in preparation for the SIC in October. He will be busy lining up his yin and yang, and getting his zen in order, while sitting in a kayak in the middle of the gulf, fishing for redfish.

Personally, I think he is busy building a zippy new Reynard to whip out and shock us all at Savannah. Where are those Sopchoppy spies when WE need them???
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

We have a 6' lightweight folding table that SONDAD Motor Racing will unfold.

Father Knows Best!

Tom, Let me try this again, maybe I can get it where it belongs! The space I'll need for my BIG rig is just room for three standard size vehicles; my van, RT-5, & one wifes car and I'll make that "one beer" a large one. Scott.
    Scott Woodruff

The area in front of T1 will be roped off Thursday afternoon with yellow CAUTION tape.

Sean, it looks like you will be the first one there. Just remember that a trailer and canopy tend to be about 24' wide so space off from the end accordingly.

The end space where Court was is good for a full size trailer like GR or J&G Smith have so leave it open. We would like to be next in line as our canopy is 16 wide x 20 long and works great next to a long trailer. Also, we have extra crew which both teams have expressed an interest in sharing. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]

Justin, I'll try to get Sandy or Fletcher to avoid parking anyone where you were last time.
    I should be there Thursday until about 7. Team SuperTech should be there Friday at about 4.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Ok. It looks like we have just about everything covered for our feast

Hard Rock, after not thinking clearly , will include chicken. So the BBQ fare will be a combination of chicken and ribs. Sorry about that

Thanks everyone for participating. This should be another fun weekend with a fun group

Our caravan will probably arrive sometime Friday afternoon. I have been watching the weather, and other than HOT, it looks pretty good.
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Contributing Member

GR
    Please add a couple more to the total. I’ll make a run Saturday to pick up last minute items.

Tom
    I can add two more on my crew list if you still have too many folks.

See you Friday
    Rob

WOW.. Is this the same RobR whose wife has just delivered the new crew member??

No prob man. Your on the list.....

Crew list??? Will you be joining us on track??

Well,......is the family coming,......or did they toss you out because your in the way??
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Seems Russell Racing Enterprises is adding personnel in order to keep up with the challanges they face. Rob, I emailed some crew names to you. Please add them and let me know your car #.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Liked: 3787

An '84 Reynard, set up "soft" can be a wonderful car in the rain. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]

The red Reynard #38 won't be at the RA this weekend. As this year is pretty much a wash for me and now that I'm not repairing crash damage I can finally do some things to the car that I've been wanting to do. Look for the AGIP Reynard to be looking and running great at the ARRC.
    Any time you solve one problem you invariably create another. Hopefully this one is easier to live with.

It is with extreme sorrow that Purple Frog Racing must send it's regrets. We will not be in attendance this weekend.

Sooooooooo,........ is it the purple one may be hoping for some rain, so he'll feel a little better he didn't come to the party this weekend?

Don't worry, WE (still) LOVE YOU MAN!!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

A link to a page with many links to many pictures from both Sunday and Monday:

http://LaborDay2003SARRC.notlong.com

[size="1"][ September 02, 2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: RussMcB ][/size]
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

A quote from one of my favorite Monty Python scenes "Its' only a flesh wound"

Just so everyone knows, all is ok on this end. Thanks everybody for the positive thoughts.

Very lucky, nothing bigger than what you could have stuck your thumb down into. Missed the bone and most other really important stuff.

I will have some other comments later.

Hey Frog,..... Remember when you said you almost found what was too fast for T1 at our last visit??? I think I found it!
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 1

GR, good to see you are ok and made it home safe, to bad you wernt there Mon to back that very fast 1:32 you put down in TT's.
    See Yall at the SIC.
    Mark H
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information