Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Default Ontario F1200 Series

Ontario F1200 Series

F1200 is FV with 14" spec Falken tires. Nice 6-weekend Series runs in Southern Ontario including 4 weekends at Mosport. 15+ car competitive fields. Tires cost $65 each and last all season ... rain or shine. Newer-spec intake manifolds are banned.

All are welcome!

We have several SCCA competitors coming to join us. If you have a FV and live in the Great Lakes or Northeast areas, perhaps you should consider checking out some events.

May 8-9 BEMC– Mosport
    May 29-30 DAC – Shannonville
    July 3-4 BARC – Mosport
    July 24-25 MCO- Calabogie
    Sep 4-5 TBA – Mosport
    Oct 2-3 CASC - Mosport

Please contact me for more info or go to http://www.formula1200.com/

I have two rental cars available but will certainly be glad to help anyone with a car who is interested in doing a race or more.

Sample racing video at http://www.vimeo.com/6767735

Cheers!
    Last edited by problemchild; 02.17.10 at 11:21 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

For those that prefer their video facing forward, here is another.
    http://www.vimeo.com/5378500

Liked: 254

Where can I find the rulebook. I was wandering around the F1200 site and couldn't find it. With the Vee fields a bit thin around here I was curious how easily an SCCA car transfers over besides the spec wheel/tire combo.

My car is a fairly competitive regional car. How would it stand up in comparison to the Vees up north. Do you need to bring something Nationally competitive in the SCCA to stand a chance.

With the sizes of the fields if its possible I'd be interested in running one of the weekends later in the season to get a feel for the series and if it'd be worthwhile to try and run a whole season next year. I really have no idea what I want to do in the near future...i.e. stick with Vee, move up, race elsewhere, and any and all information about the options would be a big help.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill,
    There is a link on the CASC-OR website but it is just FV rules presented with metric values.
    To summarize, a SCCA legal FV needs to change wheels and tires. If that FV has had a new intake manifold, in the past 5 years, it may need to be backdated to one that is less than 1.030" on the bends.
    I just converted a Mysterian M2 last night. Had I not had to remove the oil cooler to change the intake, it would have taken less than an hour.
    You can race on a SCCA regional or national license. You will need to join a local club to reserve a number and score CASC points. You will need to join the F1200 drivers association to score Series points.
    No arm restraints are required. There are relaxed rules for fuel cells and fire systems.
    All are welcome!
    Let me know when you would like to come and I will look out for some wheels and tires.
    We have the potential for 20 car fields. Five very nice SCCA cars (Laser, Protoform, BRD, 2 Mysterians) have been imported for 2010 and another SCCA driver/car is expected from PA.
    Cheers!

PS .... This car will be racing out of my shop in 2010.
    Last edited by problemchild; 04.30.10 at 5:07 PM.

Liked: 254

It would be most likely that I could run near the end of the summer, so something like the last two Mosport races. I'm pretty sure my intake is ok then all I'd need would be the wheels and tires.

BTW, that's a gorgeous Mysterian. I saw the ad on SRacing and is a lot of car for the money. Good luck with that one.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default oh Canada!

this sounds like a LOT OF FUN

i started with a Vee running CASC events at Harewood Acres and Mosport as a teen cuz way back then the SCCA age limit was 21 !

Liked: 0

I would say that anyone in proximity to definitely consider running, a set of tires and rims wont knock you back too much and most likely for a couple bucks someone will lend their spares.

I'm not running this year, but the prospects of a large quality grid look very good. and by large i mean 20+. i would say 15 no problem.

I cannot really say much for US regional vees, but i see no particular reason why they wouldn't run well up north. your guaranteed to run in a pack i know that much

due to the congestive nature of mosport and controlled manifolds its tough to get very far away from anyone for an extended period of time as you can by the videos.

Andrew McMurray
    #16 F1200 Canada/Ontario

Thread Information