Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear National Program Announced
Regional series will meet for an open wheel national showdown in September at Miller Motorsports Park

Sonoma,CA
February 11th, 2010

After months of planning, it was recently announced that the various Mazda powered series across the country would work together towards promoting all four of the regions and a national championship showdown under the official banner; The Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear.

Each region has their own unique characteristics that make them attractive to drivers in their locale. Some are primarily full of Formula Mazdas, while others have a very strong Pro Formula Mazda contingent.

The national championship races will include all three classes of Goodyear equipped Mazda powered racers; The Pro Formula Mazda, The Formula Mazda, and the new for 2010 FormulaSPEED2.0.

The FM got a big boost this past season when Moses Smith Racing took over manufacturing the car and its associated parts. “The Formula Mazda is the car that started my professional racing career,” says Moses Smith. "Since then, I have driven many different types of race cars, but my heart has always had a soft spot for the FM. I became a dealer for Star Mazda in 2004 not only to support the FM, but to also put MSR in a position to one day take on the responsibility of manufacturing the car, and to maintain class integrity. This has been a dream and goal for a long time, and I am very excited to see this come together!” MSR has further promoted the Formula Mazda by working in conjunction with the already well established Formula Car Challenge West Coast Region to establish a nationwide four region Formula Car Challenge. MSR will be providing a contribution to the points funds of up to $5000.00 per region based on FM car counts.

The Star Race Car's PFM is a very popular racecar with club racers, and this will be the first time that there is a national championship for this specific class. “We've won four of the last five Formula Atlantic championships in our region in the PFM,” stated World Speed Motorsports Operations Manager Mark Milazzo. “The problem is that when you go to the national level the PFM has to compete against the Swift Atlantic cars that have more horsepower, bigger tires, and serious downforce. The 2010 Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear National Championships will allow the drivers of these cars to compete on an even playing field.”

The FormulaSPEED2.0 is an all new Mazda powered Goodyear equipped open wheel racer that is going to be available mid-season. Regional series directors will provide parts and service for all three cars in the their regions.

In 2010 there will be four regions to start with and it is expected that more will be added as the series grows. The initial regions will be the West Coast Region promoted by World Speed Inc, the South West Region promoted by Texas Autosports, the East Coast Region promoted by The Speed Connection, and the Mid West Region promoted by Lake Effect Motorsports.

About the Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear
The Formula Car Challenge presented by Goodyear is a multiple-region series with an annual NASA sanctioned national championship. The series features a multi-class format; Formula Mazda (FM), Pro Formula Mazda (PFM), and the FormulaSPEED2.0 (FS2.0). All classes are powered by Mazda, and equipped with Goodyear Racing tires.

More Information: http://www.FormulaCarChallenge.com