Thread: '84 VD FC

Liked: 64

Default '84 VD FC

A quick question for anyone who knows about the 1984 Van Diemen. I have the chance to purchase one, but I'm not sure that I can fit my fat @ss in it. Just how small are these? I'm 5'8" tall and about 210# but with broad shoulders, so I'm not sure its for me. I have had a Z-10C and a 342 in the past and those were alright, but my 84 Reynard wasn't so good. I could get in the car but my shoulders bulged the bodywork.

Any insight is appreciated,

Dan
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Umm...I drove one of these...things. Feel free to give me a call- 518-821-5702 (c).
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Dan,

Having been in both a 84 VD, and a 84 Reynard I think there is a lot more room in the Reynard. If you had trouble in the Reynard the VD might be a problem? I remember the 84 VD being very narrow in both the bottom and the shoulder area. I recall it being quite a chore getting in and out. However at 5' 8 you might be able to get comfy once your in and past the upper tubes. I am 6' 0. Not sure it that helps.

Thread Information