View Poll Results: Which Runoffs qualifying format do you prefer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Three 25 minute sessions with FE

3 18.75%
  • Three 20 minute sessions alone

13 81.25%
    Liked: 77

Default Runoffs Qualifying poll

For those of you FM drivers planning to go to the 2010 Runoffs, here is question. Which would you prefer, A: three 25 minute qualifying sessions shared with another class (probably FE) or B: three 20 minute qualifying sessions with only FM cars on track.

FM drivers only please!

Thanks you for your input.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Gomberg; 01.17.10 at 12:21 PM.

Liked: 146

B.

I'd take three 15 min FM-only if need be. FM-only at any cost.

Dale V.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Liked: 42

Just put my vote in for (3) 20 Mintes sessions with only FM on track...

Reason...5 more minutes, is efectively only 1 more lap (maybe 2)...I would rather give up 1 lap, for less cars/traffic on track.

Also, take into account that SCCA has been trying to combine our classes FM/FE for a long time, this would put us 1 step closer...

Liked: 32

I definitely want "FM - ONLY". Three full 20 minute qualifying sessions wouldn't be too bad (no shorter, please). Each class should get their own qualifying at the Runoffs, if at all possible, so everyone can have a reasonable chance to do their best qualifying.

Mixing classes can make for some bad situations. At Mid-O we qualified with FC a couple of times. FE would be the same bad mix. Different class cars are just faster at different areas and can really hold each other up at different parts of the track, as they see-saw back and forth. It is very difficult to point someone by that is just a little faster, especially if it screws up a corner for you (that means a whole lap lost...). People get anxious and tend to make moves that screw both cars up... We all need every lap we can get. People have enough issues with cars in their own class and speed potential.

We all work very hard all year to get to the Runoffs and deserve our own qualifying. I hope you can make this work. Thanks!

(I ran the Runoffs in FM in 2002, 2003 & 2006 and plan to run this year.)

Liked: 0

Default without question: ALONE!

Provides a level and fair playing field. 3 twenty minute sessions alone is fine.

cheers

Thread Information