Liked: 76

Default The passing of Tom Mayerhoffer

I am sad to report the passing of long time FV racer Tom Mayerhoffer. Tom was an always pleasant and enthusiastic competitor and I am proud to have been his friend for more than 30 years. Funeral details follow.

Tom Mayerhofer funeral and visitation

TheWake will take place on Sunday January 17th from 3-8 pm. The Funeral will take place at the cemetery on Monday at 11am. We will meet at the cemeterey directly on monday.

Windridge Funeral Home
    104 High Road
    Cary,Il 60013

Windridge and Nature Sanctuary
    7014 S. Rawson Bridge Road
    Cary,Il 60013
    Last edited by butch deer; 01.16.10 at 1:28 AM. Reason: Lft off Inf.
    butch deer

Liked: 10

Is this the Tom Mayerhofer who worked for UL in Northbrook and raced FV? (I used to call him from another UL office when I worked for UL). Was he still working prior to whatever caused his passing or had he retired? Either way he was FAR too young.

Dick
    CM 85 FF1600

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Very sorry to hear this news. I feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to meet, and race with Tom over the years. I remember going to my first Reginal race at Grattan in 1996 and Tom was clearly the "guy to beat" at that event. My condolences to the Mayerhoffer family.

Liked: 76

To Dick R
    Yes this was the Tom Mayerhoffer who worked for U.L. He was still working. I talked with him a few days ago and he said he was going to be able to work from home.
    Butch
    butch deer

Liked: 10

Butch,

Thanks. What a shame.

Dick

Liked: 2

Default Sorry to hear

This is the first that I have heard the sad news. Tom was a gentleman, both on and off the track. He fought his last battle with dignity and a great attitude. I am honored to have known him and dealt with him. We've lost one of the good ones. Our condolences to Barb.
    Mike Palermo Jr.
    Peak Performance Racing

Thread Information