Liked: 7

Default RACE SCHEDULE for 2010

This is the race schedule for FPR for 2010: UPDATED

May 22-23 Summit Point EMRA/Bill Scott Series
    June 5-6 Thunderbolt (NJMP) SCCA
    July 10-11 Summit Point Bill Scott series
    July 31 - Aug 1 Lightning (NJMP) EMRA
    August 14-15 Thunderbolt (NJMP) SCCA
    Sept. 18-19 Thunderbolt (NJMP) EMRA or Watkins Glen (SCCA)
    Oct. 23-24 Lightning (NJMP) SCCA
    * = tentative
    changes/additions may occur during the season.
    www.formulaproracing.org
    Last edited by Lindsey Wolfer; 05.11.10 at 11:15 PM.

Liked: 17

Default Schedule

Lindsey,

Should September 18-19 be the Fun One at Watkins Glen or is it really 2 in a row at Thunderterd??
    C'mon!!!! two in a row at Thunderterd???

Chris.

You know I love you.

Default schedule updated

the FPR schedule has been changed/updated

Liked: 211

nice schedule, but i agree with chris, WGI fun one should replace sept njmp. i say try to bring the troops when we show up, kinda hard to get excited about 5 njmp events.

if any drivers need support, transport, storage, trackside service, driver coaching, rebuilds etc we are avilable for all FPR & SCCA & F2000 Championship series events. 20+ yr F2000 mecahnic & engineer at all events

thanks
    len
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Default schedule updated

schedule is now on the FPR web site www.formulaproracing.org

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Lindsey,
    now that EMRA has dropped its open wheel program and handed its
    management over to the FRCCA to run, how will this effect the FPA schedule

Default schedule

FPR is a club within the EMRA organization. EMRA has NOT dropped its "open wheel program ". rcca was invited to share the track on 3 specific race dates. This is a financial arrangement only and does not effect FPR in the least.The FPR schedule is made up of EMRA ,SCCA and Bill Scott Series races.
    I don't know where you got this mis-information but FPR is alive and well and looking forward to the 2010 season

Default 2010 schedule

The 2010 schedule is set as posted but can easily change as new opportunities present themselves. We are still waiting to hear of a possible "pro" race at Lime Rock for us. Other race venues may be added or removed based on membership requests.
    Check the schedule throughout the season for updates.
    SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!

Lindsey
    on EMRA's web site on the main page is says that the FRCCA will
    be handling all of the open wheel events now for them
    listing 3 events in total will these 3 events be the only events
    the FPR will be running with EMRA ? or are the other EMRA dates listed on the
    FPR schedule be in addition to those 3 events

Default FPR schedule

The FPR schedule is comprised of dates from EMRA, SCCA and the Bill Scott Series. FPR has to make up a schedule based on where its members want to race. EMRA has 4 dates for open wheel racing and FPR has 3 of those dates on our schedule: Summit, Lightning and Thunderbolt. The rest of the schedule are races from Bill Scott Series at Summit and select SCCA races. That makes 11 races at this date.
    FPR is open to all Formula cars .

Liked: 0

Default 2010 Race Schedule

The EMRA race schedule shown on their web site as of 3/1/2010 does not match the FPR schedule. The EMRA schedule now shows some single "open wheel only" days in lieu of a two day race weekend. I assume that the other day of these two day weekends are for closed wheel only. Some of the affected weekends are in the FPR schedule. Is the FPR schedule going to be changed to reflect this??
    Ian L. McKechnie (dad)
    Crewchief FC 61

Ian,

The days that are marked "open wheel only" mean just that. They are the Sunday races and I believe that the FRCCA or whatever open wheel org. might have a part in that. We do race on the Saturday event also. It is not only for closed wheel unless noted. That is how it was last year. They will still be double weekends as far as I know.

Chris

Liked: 4

Default Schedule change

For those who wanted to see Watkins Glen, I see the schedule now has been updated to show WG as an option to NJMP. As much as I like NJMP, not many places prettier then Watkins Glen in Sept.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Does that mean you will be going to WG with a car Mr Red Racer 27? Hmmm???

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Does that mean you will be going to WG with a car Mr Red Racer 27? Hmmm???

Chris - Only race where you may see me with a car, will be NJMP. Still trying to put together a rental.

Default Summit Point

First race is at the end of May - Summit Point. Who is planning on going?

Default Race 1 and 2- Summit Point

The first 2 races of the FPR season are Summit Point May 22-23. Make sure you have an SCCA license. If you need help obtaining an SCCA license contact me.

Liked: 22

Default Other licenses are ok

Linsday - I don't know if FPR requires an SCCA license but for this event a recognized competition license works just fine - which can be FRCCA, NASA, VRJ, EMRA etc.

Default FPR Licensing

FPR does not require an SCCA license but encourages all members to obtain one so they can do the whole series without any licensing issues. An SCCA license allows our members to race with all the various race organizations that make up our schedule.
    Contact me if you need help getting your SCCA license

Just to be clear because I did a mistake in the EMRA web page for the dates of the May race. The races are May 22 and 23 on Summit Point proper, not just the 22nd. The FRCCA is the sanctioning body for the race, and the Bill Scott Series, while FPR is one of many groups that will be there. You can pre-registar by calling 570-669-9589.
    Thanks,
    John Heckman
    Last edited by John Heckman; 04.26.10 at 1:44 PM. Reason: misspelling
    JH

Default FPR Sponsors

Frisby Tires is our newest sponsor. They join Averill Racing, KFP Brakes, Primus, John Berget Tire, Mechanix Wear, Indocil Art in support of the Formula Pro Racing Series.
    Thanks to all our sponsors for their continued support

Default Summit Point - Race #1-2

FPR will not be at the Bill Scott Series race at Summit Point this weekend- May 22-23. After reviewing the schedule for Formula cars it became apparent to our members that it wasn't very "formula car friendly". Any member that wants to race will, of course, receive points.

t
    Last edited by Lindsey Wolfer; 05.23.10 at 11:49 PM.

Default SP

see my private message

f
    Last edited by Lindsey Wolfer; 05.24.10 at 7:24 PM.

Default i'm very confused

I'm still wondering how The Bill Scott Formula Car Series/Formula Race Car Club of Americas [aka FRCCA] schedule for May 22nd and 23rd "was un-friendly to Formula Cars"and Formula Pro Racing [FPR] was a no show again.

I was there, a full grid and plenty of track time. I unfortunately was not a driver but was glad to assist my fellow club members and drivers ?

I'm wondering whats up with FPR.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Default FPR

Fred, not that I owe you or your "friend" an explanation but the drivers of FPR do not have to race at any given race unless they want to; they are free to race or not as they see fit. They do not have to explain why they attend or not attend a race. Are you expected to race at a certain number of races per year? Does anyone dictate to you where you must spend your money when it comes to racing?
    The schedule I referred to was not Formula car friendly in that it put non-formula cars in the late morning/ early afternoon and placed the formula cars at 8 am and race at 6pm. If you think that is Formula car friendly then you and I have a different interpretation of what constitutes "friendly".
    Since you say the grids were so full why do you care if FPR drivers did not attend?

Default Thanks

Lindsey, Thanks for the explanation.
    When you post something like "Un-Friendly" to "Formula Cars" on ApexSpeed I think you do need to explain.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Default Schedule

Now that the scheduling issue has been raised, hopefully it will get adressed next time out. I know it is a tough balancing act with numerous run groups competing for track slots. Everyone wants to get thier race in and get on the road.

Unfortunutly, someone has to get the 8AM slot and someone has to get the 6PM slot. I personally don't think it makes sense to have the first run group, also be the last run group. Hopefully, that does not happen again and over the course of the season the scheduling balances out.

I know this impacts drivers, but it also impacts crew. I don't drive anymore, but hope to do some crewing later in the year and look forward to seeing some familiar faces track-side.
    Last edited by racer27; 05.25.10 at 12:09 PM.

Just to clarify:
    it was an FPR driver that requested that the wing class be the last run group
    of the day on saturday, only to then say he would get home too late with the same
    schedule on sunday so he couldn't make it
    it's tough making all eight members of FPR happy!!!!
    READ THIS QUICKLY I'M SURE IT WON'T STAY HEAR LONG!!!!!!!!!

OK guys enough!
    Lindsey, I know it's your site but I think this is out of hand a bit. Just as you told me a year ago in a meeting we had I am just looking for a place to get "my guys" track time. I, as you do not dictate to anyone that they must race anytime or anywhere; this is a free country last I looked. I am doing the best I can. We did have a slightly and I do mean that just slightly less than average turnout. Our organizations arguing between members is not a good thing for the sport. One thing no one asked is why the schedule in question was the way it was, and I admit it was probably the worst I ever had to put togehter.
    When we pair with kart we always get behind right from the start of the day because of morning track conditions, so we started taking the early time slot. We had a 3rd group in with us on Saturday that was only on Saturday so I wanted to get them out at a reasonable time, 99% of the formula cars stay over until Sunday anyway. The Sunday schedule was much better and more normal, with 2 sessions in the AM and 2 in the PM. My 25 to 30 regulars down at Summit and I have made a very good aliance in the karters and any business success is give and take. Understand I am not making excuses but I am telling you true facts. I hold no grudges and have no issue with FPR. I know certain things that happened within your old sanctioning body over the winter have made things look like they are not. I want your members to understand that I have no desire to make them members of the FRCCA and they are welcome anytime as are you. You did do something that I would not have done and I will take that up with you personnally and not air dirty laundry for the world.
    Thank you
    John Heckman
    Pres FRCCA
    Last edited by John Heckman; 05.25.10 at 5:52 PM. Reason: missed the word not
    JH

Liked: 211

mr 86 vd... aka andy grahm

[FONT=Verdana]to clarify and state some facts...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]it doesn't take much effort to read all 13 of your post to see the underlying negative tone you have, especially in regards to fpr. we understand you are trying to grow the club in which you are a member, but publicly bashing another organization or it's members will not get the desired results. In fact it’s exactly that attitude that makes crossover to another club unlikely.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]if your gonna quote me please do so accurately, I didn’t ask for the last run group, I requested….. “ if you could.... plz try to make wings one of the later run groups on sat if poss ” didn’t make any mention of Sundays schedule, but it is pretty much the norm if your 1st run group of the day you are not also last run group. As well, if you are last run group one day, most organization will rotate for the next day. This schedule was simply too spread out, too much waiting around, and too late to get home at a decent time in order to be at work on Monday. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]i have been racing open wheel cars for 13 years. i have raced with rcca, emra, fpr, scca regional, national & pro events. i feel i have a pretty good idea of what a decent race schedule looks like. while being on track for 1st session at 7;30 am then last session at 6pm, might be acceptable to some racers, doesn't make it acceptable to all. i choose the races i attend based on a number of factors, and for my own personal reasons felt this one didn’t fit into what i am looking for to enjoy myself at the track. by making this decision i shouldn't have to get negative feedback from you or anyone else. i don’t heckle you for not showing up at f2000 championship series events and only racing rcca.. please give me the same courtesy[/FONT]
    Last edited by LenFC11; 05.25.10 at 5:33 PM.

Hi Len,
    I wish you would all would have just come to me and talked rather than not coming. I can tell you a story about what was to have happened even if it hadn't rained and really tore the schedule up. One of the guys who came up with a Formula Mazda found Saturday he needed to catch a 6 PM flight out of Dullas so he ASKED me saturday if we could move things around. I looked at the schedule and work some magic and the winged race was moved to a 1:50 start and in fact did go off at 1:45. Sometimes all you need to do is ask. I know it doesn't work that way with other groups but I will work to make things work if at all possible. I am not saying that it can always work but many times it can.
    Best regards,
    John
    JH

Default Ambrose, Thanks

Ambrose, Thanks for being the voice of Reason. As we ALL [driver or crew] know it's not about who races in the f2000 championship series or with scca or those of us who are "lowly club racers". it's about "Who Shows Up To Support The Organizers".
    PS: Lindsey et al, I speak/type for no one here except myself.

Quote Originally Posted by racer27 View Post
    Now that the scheduling issue has been raised, hopefully it will get addressed next time out. I know it is a tough balancing act with numerous run groups competing for track slots. Everyone wants to get their race in and get on the road.

Unfortunately, someone has to get the 8AM slot and someone has to get the 6PM slot. I personally don't think it makes sense to have the first run group, also be the last run group. Hopefully, that does not happen again and over the course of the season the scheduling balances out.

I know this impacts drivers, but it also impacts crew. I don't drive anymore, but hope to do some crewing later in the year and look forward to seeing some familiar faces track-side.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Default etc.

I 'll make this my last comment about something that should not have been an issue.
    I didn't start this series of threads about FPR drivers not "showing up" at the BSFCS race. As others have said - we are free to pick which races we enter, and not going to a race does not constitute non-support of a series or Formula cars in general. Some would like to argue that if you didn't race with "us" you are not supporting Formula cars. That arguement does not even deserve a response.
    FPR must be held in very high regard when our absence stirs such emotion. For whatever reason: schedule, tow, money. the driver makes his decision to attend not the club. I have been racing for 24 years so I know a few things about racing and race organizations.
    Every race organization competes for drivers leisure time money. How and with what race organization they race with is purely the racers decision. Make a good schedule at a great track, etc. and drivers will come. They don't have to be made to feel they must be there or the racing world will collapse.
    I don't know what you think I did, John, but I assure you I have only my organizations interests to look after and you have yours. If , in the future, our organizations run at the same track that will be fine with me.

Liked: 5

Default Can't we all just stop complaining...

We all need to pool our track time options to make the most of our options. If we argue and have hard feelings then everyone loses out.

There are a few organizations and few track in the NE that even give more than 2 sessions a day to any race group. To be able to afford to go racing, you make sacrifices. This time it was sharing track time with karts as well as tin tops.

I hauled my butt down to Summit to volunteer since I am not racing right now due to lack of racing funds. I would have liked to have seen more of EVERYONE out to play with their "toys".

Who cares about the trophies and bragging rights.... Its about racing! It was always about racing on the track and thats what it needs to be now. and have bragging rights...

Bring it out and play and don't whine so much about which time slot you get in the day.

My two cents...
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Too much ego.....not enough common sense (not by everyone, but on both sides). when will you guys learn there should only be one?

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    Too much ego.....not enough common sense (not by everyone, but on both sides). when will you guys learn there should only be one?

Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

so this is what married life has done to you

Lindsey, see my personal message.
    Thanks,
    john
    Everyone is always welcome no matter club affiliation. I was just trying to give you all a race date.
    Beginning to be sorry I even tried.
    John
    JH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information