Liked: 0

Default A good shock guy?

Anyone know of a good shock guy who has experience with Cmod? I changed my rear motion ratio so it's time for a revalving.

Thanks

Liked: 7

Default shocks

Joe Stimola in New York. SRP Engineering - 516-671-9715

Bruce Lindstrand 262-724-3346 - www.lindstrandmotorsports.com in Darien, WI.
    Nick who works for him is excellent. Met both at Runoff last year, solid in theory with dirty hands. Good people.
    Jim

Thank you Lindsey, DrJim, and anonymous for the great references. Apexspeed members always coming through!

-Ben

Liked: 3787

I have found there are basically two distinct theories in shock tuning. One is that you let the shocks have more control of the car, and the other is that you emphasize the springs, and the shocks are there to dampen them. It seems that no matter which path you take, if you stick with one philosophy or the other and not mix them, you can have success.

One of the gurus of the "stiffer is better", 'springs control the car' school of shock setup, is Steve Lathrop at ICP: 317-273-0089

You didn't mention which chassis you are running in C Mod.

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by ffrgtm View Post
    Anyone know of a good shock guy who has experience with Cmod? I changed my rear motion ratio so it's time for a revalving.

Thanks
    Stimola is the man and is currently doing more auto-x shock tuning than anyone in the country, w/ the exception of Koni. Ask him where it all started and he will tell you w/ one of my earlier cars.
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I have found there are basically two distinct theories in shock tuning. One is that you let the shocks have more control of the car, and the other is that you emphasize the springs, and the shocks are there to dampen them. It seems that no matter which path you take, if you stick with one philosophy or the other and not mix them, you can have success.

One of the gurus of the "stiffer is better", 'springs control the car' school of shock setup, is Steve Lathrop at ICP: 317-273-0089

You didn't mention which chassis you are running in C Mod.
    Thanks Purple Frog and Current CMod champ! If I were wise I should probably take the advice of Mr. Calhoun huh?

Btw I'm running an rf90... front steer sadly. Still trying to work around that.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 94

Chris Billings at the shock shop did a great job setting up the shocks for me.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 19

I'm on the east coast but I like to send my shocks to Chris Billngs at the Shock Shop - even though he is on the other side of the country.

JeffW

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Without question, Anita Millican at Indy Motorsport: (317) 381-6924.
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information