Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Just an idle thought.

What if the club were to land a sponsor to pay for the cost of supplying the GCR to every licensed competitor.

That would be fairly big bucks.

But Saferacer has to make a profit of at least $1 more than their cost of sponsorship or it is a loser for them.

The cost of $25 for all 5000 or so license holders would beprohibitive for someone no bigger than Saferacer.

I can tell my friends to buy form Saferacer and buy everything from them myself and it would not come close to the cost of GCR's. The sphere of influence is simply not large enough to generate the revenue.

But what if say Cooper Tire (just using as an example) , a company that has mass market to the general public implications would sponsor the GCR and save me $25? You bet whenever I was looking for tires I would give them a much harder look as well recommending anyone who asks to them.

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Just an idle thought.
    Here's my idle thought: how about we have enough rules stability that we don't need a new copy of the GCR every year?
    #45 FE - Personal twitter: @AOERacing
    RaceTimer+ and business twitter:@Epipiphero

Liked: 3

I skimmed through most of the posts on this thread and all I can say is........WOW! I never realized something as simple as a sticker/contingency deal would piss people off!?!? Isnt there other things to worry about within the club besides a sticker and who it benifits? Just a thought................

Andrew

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information