Liked: 1417

Default SoPac FV Regional & National Participation

Anyone from the region, can you give me an idea of the FV counts at Regional and National level SoPac events? Consistent numbers?

Just wondering for my own personal reasons...

Classifieds Super License samiam520's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default Car Counts

Some of the results should be available on the Cal Club web site. It's pretty weak. If I remember maybe 5-8 cars, probably half of those come from Nor-Cal.

Results for Cal Club Here http://www.mylaps.com/results/showev...st=3&org=55984
    Last edited by samiam520; 12.27.09 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    Scott

2006 Crusader FV & 2010 DFC10 FST

Liked: 278

Norcal is pretty strong and not that far away.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I'll save you some time;

NATIONALS 7.75 average

Jan 24th 11 entries
    Feb 22nd 6 entries
    April 4th 7 entries
    April 5th 7 entries

REGIONALS .688 average

Jan 23rd 2 entries
    Jan 24th 1 entry
    Feb 21 Zero
    Feb 22 Zero
    Mar 14 1 entry
    Mar 15 1 entry
    May 16 Zero
    May 17 Zero
    Jun 6 Zero
    Jun 7 Zero
    Sep 5 1 entry
    Sep 6 1 entry
    Sep 25 Zero
    Sep 26 Zero
    Oct 30 2 entries
    Oct 21 2 entries

I found the National and Regional car count PDFs from the SCCA. Wow, the Regional numbers are downright awful. That's pathetic for any class, let alone one in the top 5 national participation.

Nationals isn't great, but right around where the rest of the regions in the country are.

Banned

The Regional numbers are awful in FV/FF/CF because they are competing for entries with VARA and HSR-West, where the numbers are much better.

I'm looking at the racing counts in Arizona.

Banned

They also have a popular alternative to SCCA.

Garey Guzman seemed to put a lot of effort into building the numbers here in So-Cal while he was here. He is a likeable guy and still had a very tough time.

Not saying it's impossible to offer something better than what's already available, but if Garey couldn't get it done, I don't know that anybody can.

Liked: 72

Quickshoe is right. VARA has 4 vee classes including one for the modern vees. Other than Cal Speedway it's a bit of a tow to get to the other tracks. The Arizona double national used to be much bigger but has suffered from the economy and political warfare with Cal Club. They tend to schedule over one another. The location of the tracks makes summer races a bit tough. Very hot weather chases a lot of folks away.

It's nice to have the national program finished by April because it leaves time to travel around and race.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Thread Information