Thread: Coop + RFR

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Coop + RFR

Plenty of changes here at Team Coopsport...

Things had been in motion for quite some time, as I had initially spoken with Ralph Firman and John Uprichard at the Roebling Road National back in the Spring. That weekend was the SCCA debut with Jordan Taylor at the wheel. I was very impressed with the car's performance.

Fast forward several months and we meet agaion at the ARRC, where the deal starts coming together.

A few days ago I received my new RFR 009 Formula 1000. Bill McLaughlin of RFR Cars USA, together with Ralph and John of RFR basically went all Cosa Nostra on me and "made me an offer I couldn't refuse".
    I've gotta give high marks to Bill McLaughlin, as he really went the extra mile to make this all happen.

Delivery could not have been any easier as all I had to do was meet the transporter off of I-75, about 15 miles from my house. The car was heading back to Indy from the PRI show in Orlando.

I will start my title defense in a few short weeks at the Homestead/Miami Double National. I'm probably more excited at the prospect of turning a wheel in this beast than I have been about just about anything, in a really, really long time.

I think I took my previous ride about as far as it was going to go, development wise.
    The Nova-Diemen was obviously a great car, and I want to go on record here to say that being involved with Jay Novak was an incredible experience, I learned quite a lot of the technical side of things in the last year and a half. For anyone not familiar with Jay, he's in the dictionary under "Class Act".

Also very instrumental in my championship run, as well as 2 June Sprints wins in a row, is Mike Devins / Hurley Race Products. Yet another class act, and a tremendous learning experience as well.

I've got a ton of things to do, and made plenty of headway today. Heading up the build is my old friend Jack Velden, who was very instrumental in getting my old car together.
    I've definitely got some late nights ahead of me, so i better get back to it.

Here's a few pics from today

GC

Liked: 3787

Default Green Movement

I think about 100 of us sat in that car at the ARRC.

Green... I'm trying to think of some smart arse remark to make about you in a green car.

Between now and Homestead I'm sure paint color is the last thing on your mind.

Go get 'em Giancarlo!

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default what a bunch of talented drivers now all in the fb class.. fabulous job glen.. now go POLISH that car off and get it ready !

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    I think about 100 of us sat in that car at the ARRC.

Green... I'm trying to think of some smart arse remark to make about you in a green car.

Between now and Homestead I'm sure paint color is the last thing on your mind.

Go get 'em Giancarlo!
    congrats coop... and i know you body work color will change shortly.. congrats again.. beautiful.. beautiful car.

see you on track soon.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Coop in a RFR? That's gona be a tough combo to beat!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Now lets get you out west for the F1000proseries.com

and Bring Niki Coello along with you.. and lets really have it out with all manufacturers and drivers !!!

Ill hold aside a series champagne bottle for you !!! just say the event..
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 5

Glenn - are you using an 08 or 09 engine?

Liked: 59

Beautiful car Glenn. Congratulations. Look forward to seeing it in person in Sebring.

Bill

Default Hi Ivin

The engine in the car is "Ol Faithful", my recently refreshed '07.
    GC

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    I will start my title defense in a few short weeks at the Homestead/Miami Double National.
    GC

Beautiful Car!

Coop, I don't see you registered for Sebring. Are you just doing Homestead and passing up Sebring on your way back North? We've got 5 FB's entered so far. I hope to see the new ride there.

Tom

Liked: 896

Default Coop & Firman

The most exciting thing about this is that a GREAT RACECAR DRIVER finally gets a break. Coop & I had discussed this many times & while I am sad to lose Coop from our effort & am excited & happy for him.

I also want to thank Ralph Firman for having the great sense to hook up with Coop, IMHO Coop could EASILY have been a very successful pro racer with the right breaks.

Thanks Coop for winning all the races & the National Championship in our Nova-Dieman & keep it up in the future!

Thanks ... Jay Novak
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 309

Congrats Coop, but inquiring minds want to know...where did the Coop-Novak-Diemen bullet go?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 0

I have to second Coops praise for Bill Mclaughlin. Bill was nothing but a pleasure to work with when I purchased my RFR from him. Without a doubt he went above what was expected from even the most unhandy finicky customer.

Check them out here:

http://rfrcars.us/

Theyve got some great parts and deals too.

Default The last time I saw

Connie (conversion chassis, get it?) she was loaded up and Northbound on I 75 in the McLauglin Motorsports Transporter.
    GC

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Coop,

Go boy,

Always glad to see a RACER upgrade equipment.

Liked: 703
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Thread Information