Liked: 0

Default FRCCA to add Special Bill Scott FV Championbship

In honor of Bill Scott the FRCCA will be adding a special FV championship for 2010. Races will be held at Mr. Scotts' Summit Point Circuit, Shenandoah and NJMP tracks. More details will follow as they are put in place. The Summit Point and Shenandoah tracks will be run as part of the Bill Scott Formula Car Series.
    JH

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Bill Scott FV Series

EXCELLENT! A wonderful way to acknowledge Bill's contribution to racing!

Since the DC Region has enacted a rule that will likely cause the shortening of the FV race group, I hope many take the cue and participate with FRCCA.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Since the DC Region has enacted a rule that will likely cause the shortening of the FV race group, I hope many take the cue and participate with FRCCA.
    Which, by the way, is one of the single dumbest things I have heard of. No better way to turn people away than limit their bang for the buck because OTHER people don't show up with the same type of cars. Just plain stupid.

Prove to me that the flower rule is anything but a way to reduce formula car counts for the Region.

DC Region Flower Rule = BAD idea.

Running with the FRCCA = GOOD idea

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4353

Unfortunately, having formula car racers leave WDC SCCA racing is exactly what "those people" are trying to accomplish.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 13

"Those People" just who are "those people"? Do you know what they want?
    I am just looking for information, Thank you.
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Liked: 29

I will be there for sure

Erik

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Since the DC Region has enacted a rule that will likely cause the shortening of the FV race group,
    What's the rule say?

Chris

Liked: 1417

The competition committee of the WDCR voted, at their November 3rd meeting, to reduce the number of race laps for any race group having fewer than 18 cars turning a wheel on track in qualifying. The regular number of race laps was set at 18 for 2010, but for groups with less than 18 cars going out in qualifying, the number of race laps will be the number of actual cars, down to a minimum of 12 laps, i.e. 14 cars qualify, then their race will be 14 laps, not the regular 18.

Further, the WDCR competition committee voted that, even if a group gets fewer than the regular 18 laps, there will be no reduction in entry fee. Thus, for groups with less than 18 cars the drivers will still be charged a full entry fee.

If this program were applied in 2009, then the FV group would have had 4 of its 7 races shortened; the big formula/sports group would have had 5 of its 7 races shortened, and the SRF group would have had 4 of its 7 races shortened.

<paraphrased from Bob Tupper on formulavee.org>

In the past this has been used in various regions and is called the "Flower Rule" because it is supposed to cultivate and "grow" classes across the board. Seems like a good way to keep people on the fence from loading up the trailer at all if there is any question of class size.

Frankly, unbelievably stupid.

Liked: 50

Default Race "Groups" ?

If I understand this right won't we (FV for example) want in some cases for the Steward to pack FV's, F500, FF, FC, SRF and anything else so that the "Group" maintains the 18 cars?
    Certainly a different logic will be used.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 5

Speed differentials will prevent too much "packing" or condensing of open wheeled cars because it is too dangerous.

FRCCA will only mix cars when the speed differential is not going to be an issue. Since we are only open wheels, we have more opportunity to break out the groups and get plenty of track time!
    Dani

#24 1977 Lola T440
    New York
    FRCCA Metro Region

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Its not the speed, its the sudden stop....

It's a lot of the SM guys thinking they run the place trying to kick open wheel racecars out. It is frustrating, but they do not gain anything by us losing time on track, so I don't know why this is a solution.
    Looks like Ill be doing some more FRCCA races in 2010
    ALTHOUGH- we should still support WDCR b/c we need to show up in strong #'s, or else we'll never be welcome again, and I do beleive we can put 18 cars on the grid, there's a couple of new FV guys attending the Drivers School, which is a double school now, so that's a positive.

AND, FV, and SRF run by ourselves b/c WIngs are WAY too fast -CF are 5 seconds faster, and an Atlantic is about 20 seconds faster, and the SRF's are just too big.

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

I ran the full season with the FRCCA in 2009, (missed 1 weekend) I atteneded (spectated) 2 races with SCCA at Summit Point, The FV's there are a fearsome bunch, many are National level cars and drivers running the regional races. Great Social group, but I was not impressed with the amount of track time and they are reducing it ?

WIth the FRCCA I was worn out at the end of a day, track time is what they are all about, I even got yelled at because I was not out there on time once, during a practice! One weekend I got narly 150 miles, most close to 100. You don't have to run every practice, but they are there if you want or need them. My old Caldwell burnt 10 gallons of fuel every weekend.

Of course this is just my experience, and we did not have 18 cars, but we were given a whole lot more for a $300 weekend, and if we get 18-20 cars on the Shenandaoh track you'll see a drivers race like no other, a $2000 intake won't win the driver will!

Bill Carroll
    FRCCA FV55
    2009 Class Champion
    Bill Carroll
    http://componentsolutionsllc.net/
    Component Solutions - Construction and Race Car Marketing
    Euroswift SC97, VWBug GT4

Folks,
    While I am still wortking on things for the Bill Scott Awards for 2010, I can tell you that I have worked out drafts of several of our race schedules this year (all of the Summit & Shenandoah race are for the most part done) and despite having to share to stay alive as many do I have planned for ALL Formula Car Classes including Vee to be 20 Lap main events. I have also tried to work in at least to 1 -2 - 15 - 20 min session 1 - 10 minutes session and qualifying race. Not every day will have the same practice times but all are scheduled for the 20 Laps. If we get enough Vee support they WILL have their own class regarless we will not let etremes run together if at all possible. No wings and Vees for sure.
    John Heckman
    JH

Thread Information