Thread: F1000 cars

Liked: 896

Default F1000 cars

Hi guys, while I was at the ARRC I checked out all the new F1000 cars (of course). First I have to congratulate all the F1000 competitors for one of the best races EVER. The videos that I have seen were unbelivable. MAJOR race intensity.

I also thought it was great that so many cars were really competitive & I think that this is VERY MEANINGFUL & really bodes well for the future of F1000. 3 or 4 manufacturers who are building new state of the art formula cars has to be really great for F1000, & I can't think of another class that has so many builders with brand new cars. I was impressed with all of the new factory cars & would be happy to get any of them, however with my bucks that wont happen anytime soon.

I have to say that I was mightily impressed with the Phoenix. IMHO it is currently the the best overall package for this class. I think it has the best combination (so far) of lower aero drag & very good downforce & the mechanical grip must be pretty good too to finish 2nd with a broken front wing.

I certainly do not want to take anything away from the other cars as I think that both the Stohr & the Firman make more downforce & that the Citation has a bit less aero drag right now. If Phoenix can keep developing this package they will surely have a monster winner on their hands & the price is pretty decent too.

Of course we still have the home builders & the kit guys building cars too. So F1000 has the best of both worlds, top notch new factory cars with some home builts & kits that can keep up with the best. Our F1000 kit is pretty close to the factory cars even though the chassis & basic aero package is nearly 12 years old & we may still have something up our sleeves too.

Thanks again to all of the F1000 competitors for one of the best open wheel races ever.

Let's keep F1000 growing!!!

Jay Novak
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 43

Jay,

When are you going to shake your arms and have a few things fall out of your sleeves?

You know I'm interested.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Umm Dan...

The line forms behind me!

GC

Liked: 43

GC,

I think there's been enough people behind you already this year, including all the drivers in the F 1000 Championship. Congrats on the effort in 2009.

Thread Information