Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USF1 news

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post

JN, you're right, fund the team with swag, Thats how the Red team does it.
    The $250M a year they get from Marlboro and Santander helps a little bit too.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 24

.............and the Red team does it bigger then anyone.....

Liked: 80

Default clear as mud?????

This is from Autosport.com.....

US F1 insider: Hurley can save team

By Dieter Rencken and Jonathan Noble Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 21:23 GMT
    Team US F1 backer Chad Hurley is the man who has the best chance of saving the outfit from its current troubles, claims a senior staff member at the American operation.
    With the team's car development plans weeks behind schedule, while it bids to try and skip the opening four races, there are mounting fears that the outfit could lose its place on the grid entirely if matters are not turned around.
    A senior member of the US F1 operation, who wishes to remain anonymous, thinks that it is Hurley - and not team co-founders Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor - who must now move to turn things around.
    Speculation in recent weeks has suggested that Hurley himself is making moves independently of Windsor and Anderson to secure the team's future - either through a link-up with Campos, Dallara or Stefan Grand Prix.
    Speaking to AUTOSPORT on condition of anonymity, the US F1 staff member said: "We feel Hurley and Parris Mullins [adviser to Hurley] have our best interest [at heart] and also feel Hurley has no intention of abandoning us even though the media has said he's gone with Campos.
    "With all this talk about where US F1 is at, it's been missed that there are 60+ people who have had to suffer through this for the last two months. All of us left jobs and many of us travelled cross-country for this opportunity.
    "But having said that, throughout the turmoil, the team has really come together and we're all committed to the project; precious few have left in spite of the uncertainty of whether we'll be paid this Friday. I've never seen such dedication. The US can field a F1 team, in fact easily so after what I've seen."
    The staff member says Hurley became aware of the troubles the team is in earlier this year when he toured the Charlotte facility on January 15.
    He also claims that personnel were enticed to the team on promises that funding was in place for three years - but says a series of delays in the design process were a catalyst for its failure to get out on track.
    "Going back to early December, it was pretty evident that something was up, in as much as we kept expecting a big push in production starting some time in mid-December, but it never materialised," continued the staff member.
    "Figure [that] we're all pretty experienced in various aspects of car design and build, and we all know what it takes from a time-line standpoint. So when it became apparent the drawing office wasn't releasing drawings at the rate we expected, it started to become clear we could be in trouble.
    "All engineering decisions were having to be funneled through [Ken] Anderson before anything could be signed off. And that's where the hold up was.
    "Tooling for the tub was completed in early December, but then it sat for nearly a month before the laminate schedules for the outer skin were approved.
    "Now Anderson himself wasn't designing the laminate schedule, but he was in the wings... as early as last October the production manager was collared about the lack of resources, but the managers were put off by saying: 'Well, Ken has a plan'.
    "The irony of all this is that there has been precious little in the way of formal planning and documentation. No production schedules, simply very little in the way of planning."
    He added: "Our January 15 pay cheque was late. It was paid by the 20th or so, but it certainly caused commotion and people started asking questions.
    "That's when all the company's issues came to a head, and the conclusion was... yes, we had been lied to about the long-term budget, and indeed the company had a cash flow issue. But as mentioned, that really was a secondary issue.
    "Think of it this way, ignoring the fact that we were lied to about the budget, if you don't have a car or can't show serious progress in that direction, potential sponsors aren't going to have a tendency to give you money.
    "At the moment there are still 60 people working in Charlotte, but 10 have already left."
    The delays in the design process are also claimed to have played their part in the sponsorship troubles - and limited Windsor's ability to help.
    "Having failed to put out a car, sponsorship money didn't materialise," continued the staff member. "That wasn't for Windsor's lack of trying.
    "I do know that Windsor was told of our progress on a number of occasions off the record in informal settings, but it took a very contentious shop meeting in late January/early February for him to twig [that] indeed we had an issue.
    "In a meeting between the employees, Windsor and Anderson, Windsor put the question up to the employees: 'Who here doesn't think we'll make Bahrain?' I think Windsor might have meant it somewhat rhetorically, but he was answered nonetheless, and 100 per cent of the staff raised their hands. He was visibly shocked."
    When contacted about the claims from the senior staff member, team principal Anderson declined to respond to the specifics - but did suggest the comments painted a biased picture of the situation at the team.
    "The story that the employee tells is certainly twisted and one-sided," said Anderson. "There are also contradictions. Everybody that signed up here knew exactly what they were getting into, i.e. to have two cars on the track in Bahrain.
    "Given the late start due to the FIA/FOTA situation of 2009, I asked everybody to keep the car simple, strong and reliable. The comment that the chassis moulds sat for a month while waiting for a lay-up schedule is exactly the sort of thing that hurt us. Way too complex and time consuming. I did question why it was so complex if it was not necessary.
    "I don't want to retaliate point by point as they are entitled to their opinion."
    Windsor himself said he would continue to work hard to help keep US F1 alive.
    "I have given this project - and will continue to give - all the love and passion I have ever had for our sport," he said. "Some obstacles I won't be able to overcome but I'm not giving up."

Liked: 11

Huley needs to find these guys a Penske type manager. Sounds like Ken is a bit overwhelmed and can't admit it.

Liked: 9

Default Crystal Clear

clear as mud?????
    When James quotes this story, that's the final nail in the coffin. It's crystal clear to me that it's over. Get Stefan GP out there on the grid and let's go racing.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 5

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ng-usf1-today/

quick, get the wood mockups out or maybe a nice buffet.

honestly, I lost interest in this when they decided against using american drivers.

Liked: 6

Default History

Does anyone remember The Falcon project. Seems to be a pattern

Default things appear to be getting worse......

From crash.net.....

USF1 backer confirms exit

Potential title sponsor Locstein AG has confirmed that it will not be a part of the USF1 programme.

As rumoured earlier this week, Swiss investment concern Locstein AG has decided to withdraw its backing for the ailing USF1 operation, potentially hammering another nail into the project's coffin.

The news was confirmed via a brief press statement from Locstein headquarters, and suggests that the company got cold feet waiting for developments from the Carolina-based F1 hopeful. Speculation had linked Locstein to a possible title sponsorship role, despite the presence of YouTube founder Chad Hurley as a major figure in the USF1 story, but may have been deterred from taking its involvement further by suggestions that Hurley was looking to take his investment elsewhere.

“As a matter of course, Locstein evaluates a variety of business opportunities around the globe, including sponsorship in F1 racing," the official statement confirmed, "Locstein did engage the USF1 team regarding sponsorship but, when it was apparent that the team was not able to participate in the entire 2010 season, Locstein elected to withdraw from further involvement with USF1."

While diplomatically wishing 'the USF1 organisation the best of luck in their endeavours', it now remains to be seen whether Locstein does indeed opt to remain in pursuit of an F1 relationship, and whether it decides that that should be with an established outfit or another start-up, such as Campos Meta, which continues to be linked with Hurley.

Locstein apparently took the decision to quit USF1 before the team's head of business development Brian Bonner left, but now has its account handled by the American at B4 Marketing. Ironically, however, it could yet be working with elements of the USF1 operation, should speculation that Jose Maria Lopez's anticipated move to Campos Meta could yield a merger between the struggling F1 hopefuls - a move which would also free up a space for the ambitious Stefan GP outfit to join the grid.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default what is an amerikan?

Jose Maria Lopez is an american, a South American!

how many amerikans are Native Americans?

regardless, it looks like the pseudo racing enterprise hiding behind the red, white, and blue has been black flagged

Sad ...Sad ...Sad.....I think it is really over now.

Liked: 707

Life imitating art:
    http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/25/u...g-the-toaster/

At least they'll have a revenue stream.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 53

Last night I went to a local indoor go-karting place here in Charlotte and people from USF1 were there. Apparently they come every Wednesday night and do a private event. I joked with the guys that work there about USF1 still having enough money to pay them . I didn't talk to any of the guys with USF1, but the looks on their faces were grim ! I figured none of them would want to talk about what's going on, plus they've probably been told not to . Anyway, Joey Lagono was there with his buddies, so we hung out with them .
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Please tell me

you kicked that punk's ass!

Liked: 9

Default I'll take 2

toasters that is............. because I'll keep it longer than a shirt or hat.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Default go-kar-ting

you mean Joey Lagono is USF1 "AMER-I-CAN" driver???

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    you kicked that punk's ass!
    He's pretty quick there. I raced against him in a 12 hour enduro and he was turning very quick lap times.

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    you mean Joey Lagono is USF1 "AMER-I-CAN" driver???
    VLK is frequented by a number of the NASCAR guys. One of the owners is a tireman for Jeff Gordon.

I'm not even sure that Joey knows what USF1 is (He knows what an FE is now )! Infact, I don't think USF1 knows what USF1 is anymore !! Making toasters....

But yeah, Joey and his buddies go there a lot, along with a lot of other NASCAR guys.

If you're ever in the area to check out the probably-soon-to-be vacated USF1 toaster manufacturing plant , go to Victory Lane Karting for some fun !

On a serious note, I'm pretty bummed out about what's going on with USF1. I want them to make it, but with all the smoke, there's got to be a fire! Rumors are rumors for a reason...

Liked: 5

If they want to do a toaster they need to do something like this:

https://www.nuerburgring-shop.de/def...on=shop.detail

Cheers

Thom
    Thom
    Back to fenders=SRF

Liked: 0

D Day today apparently, up in Charlotte.........

Well now the rumor mill is churning out the notion that Hurely is going to merge with Stefan GP to the resistence of Anderson and Windsor. Apparently he owns 80% of the team. It also sounds like Todt and the dark overlord (bernie) are behind it as well giving USF1 little choice in the matter.

If it happens it sounds like the boys in Charlotte could be busy making spare parts instead of toasters.

Liked: 310

USF1, aka WTF1, just needed a little creative financing.

Liked: 79

Well, I for one am looking forward to getting my toaster!!

Hopefully it will be available for viewing in our trailer at the June Sprints!!
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by WRD View Post
    That will be covered in detail in chapter 12 of my book!!!!!!!!!

I'll know more about the rest of it when I go there this Saturday, keep your eye on the news, and I'll let you all know what I can next week.
    Lee, you've certainly piqued my interest. When will you be able to share what you know about the unfolding?
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Hopefully all the speculation will be cleared up next week sometime, probably by Wednesday, then we'll know for sure.

Default didn't need a crystal ball

it was all so totally predictable

vapor based life forms

sorta reminds me of Jamacian bobsledding

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

The Jamican bobsled team did make it to the track and did race.

Default USF1 Lights Out

Autosport is reporting that the lights have been switched off

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819

And now Autoweek:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100302/F1/100309974
    Last edited by PCalhoun; 03.02.10 at 6:28 PM. Reason: Added Autoweek link
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

The Russians are coming

Liked: 707

Quote Originally Posted by PCalhoun View Post
    Autosport is reporting that the lights have been switched off

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819
    Okay, Lee. Spill it.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

I take it they won't be go-karting at Victory Lane Karting tomorrow night . I feel bad for those guys...

I hope to one day see an all-American F1 team compete . I'm just not going to hold my breath .

Liked: 553

Let's give them another couple of days, guys.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 12

Default Ain't the Internet great?

Autosport corrected their original story (which was apparently based on a couple of tweets from employees) and then added this one:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81820

Nathan

Default credibility

i will believe it is over when i see the last cartoon

Yeah, everyone sent home today on unpaid leave,

Let me figure it all out for a day or two and I'll let you know more soon, this has been coming for a while but it could have been SO, SO, different, It never needed to come to this.

There is a tiny, tiny sliver of hope but I think this could be it. I'll let you know for sure as soon as I know. The truth will be out one day, for now, If anyone has any use for a Formula 1 transmission, I have a design all ready to go, bargain pricing too! I'll write up a formal advert soon!!

Default trans-mission

save that design..

might be applicable to the Delta project...

or does that use rubber bands?

Liked: 948

Default James Allen

Some further info on the entire team shuffle...
    Sounds like most are short on cash or resources.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 10

Hey Lee, does it have an actuator we can use on the FE?
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

If they allow hydraulics and computer control then yes, 9ms quick enough for you?

In actuality though, we do have a new FE actuator drawn up, just got to make the bits!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information