Liked: 7

Default 1600 Internals...Save??

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a 1600, in order to have an updated oiling system in my car. Now I have the pile of parts that came from this car...dual port heads, pistons, rods, crank, cam, flywheel, and the other misc junk in there.

A coworker here at work is building a dune buggy (Cool!) and I was going to give him the extra parts. But before I do, is there anything that I should save as a potential spare for my 1200? I not sure if there is any interchangability with these engine.

Thanks
    Jim

Liked: 0

Default save it for the future..

you can save the 1600 stuff for the future, when you decide to convert to FST

Liked: 72

The lifters, rocker arms and shafts, crank gears and spacers come to mind. Oil relief springs and pistons, fuel pump assy. and most hardware. Some will advise not to mix lifters with different cams but if they're in good condition they can be re-used.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 50

The things mentioned above are all true (including the conversion to FST , but as far as FV parts you are talking less than $60 if you buy all new (excluding lifters and rocker arms) and the ones you have may not be that good anyway. In regards to lifters, I wouldn't use them for a several reasons.

1. They are heavy stock ones over 95 grams and the legal limit is 70gr.
    2. They probably don't have the dished curve on them anymore so aren't advisable for use.
    3. It is standard procedure NOT to use used lifters with a different cam.

Save the rocker arms..

It just ain't worth the few dollars (imo)

Jim
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 7

Thanks guys.

I saved the rocker assembly and the hardware....and now have a little more space in the garage.

Thread Information