Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Liked: 3

I guess Eric Jensen will take whoever he can get these days.

Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by TrackBrat View Post
    I will have to find the link but I guess there will be a 15 year old in Atlantics next year. In my honest opinion, a Formula Ford or something slower is more acceptable to me then a 15 year old who can't even hold a license in a pro series much less atlantics.

I hope none of the kids expect to get any slack cause they are so young. You want to be in something as serious and Dangerfield you have to mature and responsible, and along with that comes other things too. Now get back in school you kids!
    I've been there, done that (FVee at 13, FF at 14, [tested FA and FRenault V6 ]FBMW/Renault2.0 at 15 back to FF at 16 due to budjet and series folding [tested a privately owned Champ Car] then my carreer hit a wall.)

But as far as I'm concerned, 15 is too young for Atlantics (tested successfully, but couldn't flip the bill for a season). Look at Jon Edwards, he ran Atlantics at 15, didn't do much, went back to Star Mazda for a year, and won, then moved back up to Atlantics with that extra year and was much more competitive.
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Liked: 0

There was a 15yr old that ran a really Nice, I think, a Ralt FA with Formula Pro Racing. he blew his engine in the 1st or 2nd session...he was fairly slow, and hit the rev limiter HARD, every single shift.
    I think 15 year olds in a reasonable class are safe, as long as they're going to be spectated closely by their steward, they'll be OK.
    I know if 15 year olds were allowed to race last year, I would've been in a car.

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information