Liked: 67

Default Mission Race Cars

I have always been a big fan of formula car road racing, especially the non-winged variety like Formula Vees and Formula Fords. I’ve spent most of my 22 years with the SCCA competing in Formula Ford. So, after designing, building and campaigning a Formula First last year, I have decided to venture into building race cars. My hope is that Mission Race Cars will be able to help some people reach their dream of racing an open wheeled car and help generate the kind of passion for racing that so many of us share.

Feel free to check out the website. As noted on the site, there are a couple critical bits of information to come. In the meantime, I would be happy to answer questions or listen to any suggestions you might have on kit configurations etc. Inquiries received through the MRC site will be replied to daily with hopefully few exceptions.

Jim Nash

Missionracecars.com

Liked: 1417

Looks great, Jim. Welcome to the growing list of ApexSpeed Forum Advertisers. Best of luck with the new car. Maybe I'll get my chance to grab one myself, one of these days.

Liked: 0

Default Years of success

Jim,

Congratulations on your new web site! I really wish you the best with your car constructor endeavors, it's a really well laid out clean and simple formula first car. I have to say that in a couple more races, based on your recent performances you will be consistently up front, hopefully not until next season!

If a couple of more cars get built your development process will only increase.

We will see you at the ARRC and any help you will need you know where to find us.

Carl.
    Carl Middelegge
    2007 Evolution MK 1.3 FST

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

cool, i like that orange

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Saw FST last year @ ARRC

and I'll say it again - These cars and drivers impressed me very much.
    I really like the little fatty tires, and the look of 'em as well.
    The fact that they were gettin it pretty good was just icing on the cake.

I kind of see a paralell between my class/FB and FST:
    Both classes are new and are in a building phase.
    Both offer something for those looking for higher performance at a reduced price.
    Both cars are cool looking, dare I say sexy.
    Also both classes seem to be under the microscope in regard to participation #'s, although FST is Reg only.
    I can see where someone would rather have larger fields to dice with in FV, or in my case F2000 Pro Series/FC, but it seems that the pioneer spirit is alive and well with more than a few manufacturers getting in on both of these young classes.

I often (perhaps to my disadvantage) associate slower classes to be suited to those just starting out, only. While this is partly true, ie you'd never throw a kid atraight out of BMX into an Atlantic, there is however the level that one can attain in regard to budget.

THIS class would appeal to ME more than other similarly priced classes if it came down to a cost issue.

Sleek, grippy and quick: Great value for the $ factor.

Good Luck w/ the endeavor!
    GC

Liked: 190

Default Congrats

Jim,

Very nice website, but you just can't do your work justice without seeing it up close and personal. The Mission MR-09 is not only beautiful, it's a very well though out and excuted race car. It only took Jim 3 weekends to get the car dialed in enough to be right up front, hunting for the point.

I really think getting Doug in your car would be a good idea. Maybe next spring for the Quad Drivers School/Regional?

I just hope the snow stays out of Minnesota for a few more weeks (post ARRC)
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 67

Bill,

Thanks for the good words. I like to think the closer you look, the better the Mission looks. That is if you look past my "race car" paint job! I learned a lot from that first run (pun intended) at it!

Coop,

We need to get you in a FST! Think of it as a road test to be reviewed by ... hundreds at least. Let's hope our efforts payoff with growth for both the new classes. Their goals are similar, just at different levels along the performance ladder.

See you in Road Atlanta!

Jim Nash

Thread Information