Liked: 190

Default US FST: Formula First Grand Prix at the ARRC

Registration is open and looks to be a number of FST'ers already have signed up. I think we'll wind up with about 10 to 12 entries come race date.

Here is the entry list as of today:

2 / Jim Nash / Mission MR-09 / Mission Racecars / Bloomington, MN
    5 / Doug Seim / Mysterian M5.1 / Sugar Grove Custom Cars / AutoWerks / P&NP / Okeana, OH
    7 / Garry Sharp / Campbell Citation / Lone Wolf Racing / Dawsonville, GA
    26 / Carl Middelegge / Campbell Evolution / Tech Tool Solutions / OrbitulumUSA / Lake Forest, IL
    69 / William Bonow / Campbell Evolution / Magnatech Orbital Welding / Plainfield, IL

Looking forward to the second ARRC for FST
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.10.09 at 12:58 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Default I'll be there, but working pit & grid or..

crewing for Garry if he wants/needs me.

Life events have gotten in the way of my FST build for the time being.

But I will be ready for spring for sure!

I do have the new full length belly pan welded on and the transmission mounted in the chassis, though. Next up is the front beam.

Liked: 151

Default Low Air Fares and the ARRC.

As of right now I know of at least five people who hope to be in FST cars next year who tell me that they are going to the ARRC to see the action and pick up some info on current practices. I thought about this for a bit in relation to the very low air fare I got and what a huge bargain this is. With my senior citizen discount the base airfare was $120 for a round trip. That’s cheap and especially, considering that Atlanta is the easiest airport to fly into one has plenty of incentive to see some great racing and get away from the leaf raking chores.

So come down and we’ll make sure you can come back with lots of your FST questions answered.

PS there should be plenty of crew spots available too.

Liked: 58

Default A great event!

This event was a highlight of last year's season for me. The great racing, fantastic Georgia fall weather and southern hospitality made it a great trip. It was definitely a great weekend for being there as a spectator as well. Lots of cool cars both on and off the track. I'm really looking forward to heading back down there.

Doug FST 5

Default One more added

The FST entry list has grown by one bringing us to 6 entries. We're expecting 4 more and we still have a few weeks to go before the event.

Here is the current list:

5 / Doug Seim / Mysterian M5.1 / Sugar Grove Custom Cars / AutoWerks / P&NP / Okeana, OH
    26 / Carl Middelegge / Campbell Evolution / Tech Tool Solutions / OrbitulumUSA / Lake Forest, IL
    69 / William Bonow / Campbell Evolution / Magnatech Orbital Welding / Plainfield, IL
    11 / Aaron Deer / Campbell Evolution / RaceCarSupply.com / Elgin, IL
    Bill Bonow

Default US FST GP Entry List Still Growing

The US Formula First Grand Prix enrty list keeps growing bringing the FST grid to 8 cars. Joining the competition will be Kiwi driver Robert Clark and last years ARRC/US FST GP Champion Greg Schings returning to defend his title. Still have a couple more potential entries coming to round the grid up to 10 cars.

Here is the current entry list:

37 / Robert Clark / Campbell Evolution / TeamClark Motorsport / SR Racing / Rochester, MI
    41 / Greg Schings / Campbell Evolution / RaceCarSupply.com / Georgetown, KY
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 50

37 / Robert Clark / Campbell Evolution / TeamClark Motorsport / SR Racing / Rochester, MI
    41 / Greg Schings / Campbell Evolution / RaceCarSupply.com / Georgetown, KY
    xx / Anthony Henderson / Evolution / SR Racing / TN

(Anthony is renting)
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Default More Goodies at the ARRC

For those curious, FST will be all the rage at the ARRC, and here is why:

GoRacingTV.com will be in attendance and dong interviews with FST drivers and offering onboard camera rental (guarantees you'll be in the webcast) for FST drivers.

Grass Roots Motorsport (ARRC title sponsor) will be in attendance and writing an article for an upcoming GRM on FST and low cost open wheel racing.

SportsCar will be in attendance and writing an article on SCCA's newest entry level open wheel racing class.

Scott Conway will be announcing the race for Road Atlanta (do you have your bio turned in ?).

FST will be paddocking in the "Pro Paddock"

The US Formula First Grand Prix held at the ARRC will be our best event of the year, hope you'll all come out and cheer us on.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.26.09 at 6:43 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 7

Default ARRC

Bill,

That is great news publicity-wise for FST. It's killing me to miss the ARRC this year, but I'm on solo dad duty that weekend while my wife is out of town, so I'll follow it via the Internet the best that I can.

I'm spending my time now working on going racing next year (and hopefully involving a couple friends as well). Good luck and play safe, everybody!

Matt Gordon

Liked: 151

What does the network charge to mount one of their cameras?

Robert,

I was told a meagar $150 for the rental with the guarantee of being included in the webcast. I think I'm in for one of them (I've easily blown more than $150 on much dumber stuff in the past).
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 58

Default Thanks Bill!

Hey Bill! Thanks for getting a camera. Now I'm sure I'll be in the picture most of the time!!!!

Default bummer dudes...

Well, I really thought I would make it to the ARRC, but no. Even with half of Mr. Rice's parts, my boss taking the rig to Atlanta, and two Formula FST's in my garage....I still couldn't make it.

Sorry dudes. I guess the good news is that I'm ready for the spring, and plan to spend most of my winter making sure I have a reliable way to tow my FST to the track!

Hard to believe the last time I drove one of these things was 4 years ago!!! for crying out loud! Stupid houses, weddings, and careers!

Have fun...without me...again..and again...and again....

Liked: 67

Jason,

It is really too bad you will not be able to make it to the ARRC this year. Don't feel bad though...there are many things that have not happened for the past 3 or 4 years...like OSU losing to U of M. That is not likely to happen again this year so you are not alone.

I look forward to meeting you and watching you in my mirror with the Buckeye sticker on it as you get smaller by the lap!

Jim Nash

The Ohio State University, Class of 1983

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4359

Jason,
    I am still impressed that your new wife was going to drive your rig to Atlanta for you.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug FST 5 View Post
    Hey Bill! Thanks for getting a camera. Now I'm sure I'll be in the picture most of the time!!!!
    Doug,

How did you know I'd be mounting the camera facing rearwards?

Carl, Butch and me just loaded up the trailer so Butch and Barb can leave tomorrow morning. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 11.01.09 at 8:13 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Default ARRC Bound

Leaving in the morning for Road Atlanta. Looks like we got 9 cars to play with one last time this year. The weather looks to be good, so I'm ready for some memorable racing.

Hope to say hello to the many Apexspeed'ers in attendance.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 76

Barb and I are in Ga. about two hours from the track. The weather looks great for the race . See most of you tommorow.
    Butch
    butch deer

Liked: 4

I am so looking forward to this weekend!!! I've been out of the loop way too long...
    Tom Kaufman, TheFabMan.com

Default Good Luck and God Speed

Wish I could be there with everyone. I just wanted to say to all going, good luck and I look forward to the stories. Just think of it this way, there is one less back marker this year.

Last year was a blast but next year will be a different story, new car of my own, I will so be there.

Thread Information