Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Looking to buy a Ralt RT4 or a Cicale 2 liter Can Am car

To anyone/everyone:

I am looking for a Ralt RT4 FA car or a Cicale 2 Liter Can Am car. (Same Chassis)

Any leads that lead to a sale will be rewarded$$

Brian Willis

brianwillis@netscape.net

Liked: 141

Cicales were based on RT1s not RT4s.
    No serious/successful 2L CanAm car was based on the RT4 - all used RT2s.

Having said that - are you looking for a runner or a project?

Default Ooops-RT1-not RT4

Bad typo on my part. I know (knew) that it was a RT1 that it was based on. But thanks for correction.

And yes, i am still looking for a Cicale 2 liter car and/or a Ralt RT4 FA car. (Different cars.) I actually want both.

I can do any condition. Running or junk heap.

Liked: 87

Default Cicale Photo??

Anyone have a picture of one of these?
    Just curious

Liked: 11

Default Cicale U2L CanAm

Quote Originally Posted by mdwracer View Post
    Anyone have a picture of one of these?
    Just curious
    Bertil Roos 1982 Cicale U2L CanAm car
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Brian,

I have 3. You have a separate email.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Contributing Member quartzracer's Avatar
    Liked: 5

The "Roo's" car was owned and run by Dick Guider from Scotts Valley California. He used the same bodywork on his own successful cars that he caled Margey's(sp?). Look up "Small Cars" in Scotts Valley or Felton California and give him a call. He has one car fully restored, it was for sale. The car won't be cheap it has great history. The original Cicale that he bought from Cicale is or was in the hands of the late Tom Foster. I'm sure its still sitting if you have a contact to get to it.

Eric

More info: The Greenfields did run one of these bodies on their RT4.

Quote Originally Posted by quartzracer View Post
    The "Roo's" car was owned and run by Dick Guider from Scotts Valley California. He used the same bodywork on his own successful cars that he called Margey's(sp?).
    Eric - weren't the Margueys based on a March chassis - 78/79B I would think but I've never researched it. From memory the one that was for sale a couple of years ago was not a Cicale-shaped body - but I'm open to correction on that.

By 1981 the real Cicale was owned and raced by Tim Evans and its subsequent history is known. It will probably surface in east coast vintage racing next year.

Derek (been a long time since we last corresponded!)
    Last edited by dereklola; 10.09.09 at 9:04 PM.

The Greenfields did run one of these bodies on their RT4.
    That's true - Peter ran a Cicale copy on his RT4 in 1984 (with wheelarch extensions to cover the wider track) and his own pontoon body in 1985. Seems our mutual friend Dick Guider made a lot of molds from existing bodies - we got molds from him to renovate the Gove/Trueman/Wachs RT2 couple of years ago - the original body was moldless using the Rattan method. Derek

Derek, I remember touching base with you years ago to get the two of you together. Yes, the Marguey's were March based however Guider did buy a car from Tony not sure which one Tim Evans owned? I know that Tom Foster bought the U2L car from Dick and ran a limited season running out of the same transporter. The car must still be sitting at someones shop in Modesto. I don't know what happened after Chuck passed away. The car was wrapped up, 420 Hart and all and sitting off to the side of the CSR's. As for the body molds yes Guider produced many copies and if you look at the photo above you will see side pods and extended nose that were all Guider influenced. The bodies back in the day were expensive $5,500.00 (I know pennies by today's standards). The newer versions did not have the rear wing stantions attached to the body. The rear end also had cut outs for the rear wheels and used a center post wing. If anyone wants one of these bodies complete with glass side pods I have been storing one for years and since it was cost prohibitive to send to someone who wanted it the thing has been sitting under a carport. It's in OK shape and anyone that wants it for free just has to drive up and load it up. Its in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Eric

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 11

Derek, I remember touching base with you years ago to get the two of you together. Yes, the Marguey's were March based however Guider did buy a car from Tony not sure which one Tim Evans owned? I know that Tom Foster bought the U2L car from Dick and ran a limited season running out of the same transporter. The car must still be sitting at someones shop in Modesto. I don't know what happened after Chuck passed away. The car was wrapped up, 420 Hart and all and sitting off to the side of the CSR's. As for the body molds yes Guider produced many copies and if you look at the photo above you will see side pods and extended nose that were all Guider influenced. The bodies back in the day were expensive $5,500.00 (I know pennies by today's standards). The newer versions did not have the rear wing stantions attached to the body. The rear end also had cut outs for the rear wheels and used a center post wing. If anyone wants one of these bodies complete with glass side pods I have been storing one for years and since it was cost prohibitive to send to someone who wanted it the thing has been sitting under a carport. It's in OK shape and anyone that wants it for free just has to drive up and load it up. Its in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Eric
    Have a look at the March 80A based sports racer at Wire Wheel (www.wirewheel.com)
    Shame that someone stuffed a 13B in it...

Quote Originally Posted by dereklola View Post
    By 1981 the real Cicale was owned and raced by Tim Evans and its subsequent history is known. It will probably surface in east coast vintage racing next year.
    What I should have said was "By 1981 the Jim Trueman 'Sleep Cheap' Cicale was owned...."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsport Services View Post
    Have a look at the March 80A based sports racer at Wire Wheel (www.wirewheel.com)
    Shame that someone stuffed a 13B in it...
    In the interest of fairness to the car and to Wire Wheel, that car is based on a March 802 F2 car, not the 80A atlantic. Similar but with significant differences. I agree about the 13b.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Derek,

Hard to remember what went where back in those days. You have an excellent example of a U2L car, it's kind of fun tracking history and parts, however as with your car all the good cars are spoken for. Someone should try and track down the ol Tracer stuff at one time they too were collecting U2L cars. They had a March that Jim Trueman ran after the Cicale.

Best Regads,

Eric

Default Chassis #'s for Cicale

From Ten-Tenths dot com RT1 #94 and # 149 were sold to Cicale in 1978 and 1979, got to be the same person and both were sold with a F2 motor setups, could not find the third car??or are there only two??
    Mike Winebrenner

Eric, pm sent to you about my RT 1 , did not want to hijack this thread.
    Mike Winebrenner

Quote Originally Posted by mdwracer View Post
    From Ten-Tenths dot com RT1 #94 and # 149 were sold to Cicale in 1978 and 1979, got to be the same person and both were sold with a F2 motor setups, could not find the third car??or are there only two??
    Mike Winebrenner
    From memory there was a third car (third RT1) involved but only as a replacement or update chassis - the team only raced two at any one time. Tony Cicale originally raced on his own (78/79) then joined with Jim Trueman (1980). Ten Tenths is the place to read about all this or even ask more questions. Racing Sports Cars dot com also has enormous amount of info.

I wonder where Brian Willis is - the guy who started this thread - maybe off in California trying to find the car Eric says still exists out there

Default I'm still here.

I am amazed and pleased by the responses I have gotten. Now i have to figure out what, if anything, I buy. But lots more out there than I had imagined! And I really want to thank everyone who has responded to me via e-mail or thru this site. The amount of knowledge is pretty amazing!!

Derek,

I wish he was in California and wanted to pick up the bodywork I hate to throw it away, but it's been sitting for approx. 10 years! As for the Foster / Cicale car someone on this forum must have connections to the Foster clan. Possibly Randy Cook or??? Those guys never had the need to sell anything back in the day. I truly believe that the car is sitting in someones shop. Who knows, the hunt is part of the pleasure of owning one of these historic cars.

Eric

Eric,

Don't toss it. We'll figure out something.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 309

If anyone wants one of these bodies complete with glass side pods I have been storing one for years and since it was cost prohibitive to send to someone who wanted it the thing has been sitting under a carport. It's in OK shape and anyone that wants it for free just has to drive up and load it up. Its in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Eric
    Eric, I'd like to have it and can come pick it up. Thx! Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

The body is spoken for, thanks to all.

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

The body is spoken for, thanks to all.
    Hi sorry to drag up an old thread.
    My Father recently uncovered the history of his Ralt RT1. The car is the fist of two RT1 Tony Cicale cars, chassis #94. The car is fully restored as an F2.
    We would like to track down the original Cicale bodywork or moulds to bring the car back to its original
    Can-AM spec. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers Mike
    Last edited by Michael82; 02.10.23 at 4:34 PM. Reason: Security

Thread Information