12. Steve Clark : 2:20.718
    13. Russell Hillenburg : 2:20.752
    14. Samuel Ryan : 2:20.782
    15. Jim Anderson : 2:20.943
    16. Philip Miller : 2:29.295
    17. David VanHooser : 2:31.889

Liked: 9

Default Congrats JM

Guess that new motor's working for ya? Nice.

So, after coming from the back to win before, you planning on lapping the field this time?
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 447

Nice job Juan!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 14

Ted, I was planning on breaking away, I needed a gap since my car was acting in the carousel. The other thing is that when you are on top, others want to take you down and I did not want to be close to other competitors, so lets try to check out .
    The new motor didn't win the race, but it helped having 6 healthy apex seals instead of 5.....
    I know next year we'll go faster in all of the classes, seems like these cars can go in the low 16's, maybe. If I don't sell the car , we'll go back to defend.

Thanks Apex Speed
    JRM

Liked: 18

low 16's were really only possible on the ALMS weekends when there was some good rubber on the track. Back in 2003, the last time the Std.Mazda raced at RA as a Pro Series, most of the field was in the 16's.

maybe next year you will have some better competition, since Jason and I were DNF's Jamie Slone got sent home and Franklin Furtelle decided to stay home

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

i felt the track was way faster in 08 than 09, the curbs r brutal now

Mike

don't know how to answer to the comment, I didnt show to RA or any other track expecting weak competition, call me lucky or whatever, I'm the overall best pilot in FM and that is the end result, not because Slone went home etc??? Later

Juan Marchand

Liked: 18

Juan,
    I wasnt looking for an answer I was simply making a statement thats all. You definetly did not have weak competition we just werent there in the end. Like they say to finish first you must first finish.

You certainly had the fastest car, congrats on your win.

Liked: 0

Default Come one Come All... 2010 SFM Shootout!

Congrats Juan on your win at Road America. You were fast in qualifying and fast during the race! You certainly would have been tough to compete against, that's for sure!

It was a big disappointment to be sent home after all the SCCA had assured me of the entire year. Water under the bridge I guess so I gotta move on.

Actually it's really too bad the format of SCCA does not allow for ALL really fast guys who have Standard Formula Mazdas to show up and create some great competition. Ever heard of Bill Weaver from the west coast? Beat that guy and you can get er done. There are other guys like him out there who have SFM's and who have not been to the Runoffs....

I was thinking about organizing a Come One Come All SHOOTOUT for Standard Formula Mazda. It would allow everyone to compete and see who is the fastest that day. Win it and you beat all the best! If I knew I could round up 40 cars, not 16 or 17 like the Runoffs the past several years... I think we could create a Killer Contest. One that showcases our cars and one that creates some serious fun and excitement for ALL competitors.

Again, congrats on your win.

Jamie Slone

Jamie

that sounds good about doing a shootout, somebody you might want to talk with is Bruce Lawrence and Moses Smith, they both are devoted to making the class better.

Sorry to hear that you were denied to participate. It would've been better to have all the top drivers there.... thanks juanmarchand

Thread Information