Thread: 2010 Runoffs?

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Default 2010 Runoffs?

Ok, so FB didn't make the 2.5 entries per National race cutoff to earn a 2010 Runoffs race.

Will T3 make that cutoff? It doesn't look like they will to me. Will SCCA deny T3 a 2010 race even though they are racing at the Runoffs this year? There are several manufacturers involved in T3 including Mazda and Honda....

If SCCA sticks to the 2.5 rule then I think that is just fine and we in FB just need to get together and get our entries up in 2010.

Suppose, on the other hand, SCCA breaks their own rule and allows T3 to race. Now this changes my attitude. If we are going to break the rule for T3 then why have the rule. In that case, I say let everyone race. Road America is a big track and right now half the classes registered have less than 20 cars in them.

Again, If they break the rule for T3, then I say we lobby like hell to let FB race at the runoffs in 2010. If they don't break the rule, I'll be quiet and applaud SCCA for sticking with a plan.

Just my thoughts...
    Brandon Dixon

P.S. One way that we might convince people that we could be a strong class at the Runoffs would be to have a big showing at the ARRC... 20 Cars is doable ...

Liked: 0

Default another way.

to 'get er done' is to continue the cheerleading among you FB guys and get the participation up to the required number and show the SCCA that it can be done, it just may take more than 5 years.

I have been really favorably impressed by all of the support and encouragement that you guys have been having for each other.

Don't lose what momentum you guys have now

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by rickjohnson356 View Post
    Don't lose what momentum you guys have now
    I think that will continue to grow. More cars are coming on line all the time, just look through the ARRC roll call thread and you can see that there are several people who are just getting their cars out of the garage. Brandon didn't finish his car until the middle of May and still managed to get in 5 national races. When the class started, there was only one car in existence, so these numbers are pretty good.

The SCCA doesn't have the best track record for consistency, so if they cut T3 some slack, they need to do it across the board.

Now that the TV monkey is off the SCCA's back, they can combine races for the lower participation numbers if they choose to go that route.

Liked: 309

Are you going from known data, Brandon, or extrapolating from the July data?

Also, Mike B and I have been counting cars, on-track and about to be, and come up with right at 50 cars.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 43

I agree with Brandon on this issue.

I would like to see The F-1000 Championship be at one of the later scheduled national races instead of a regional just to give our class a little shot in the arm as far as national numbers are concerned. An extra 20 cars at one national would certainly help.

Liked: 553

New rule: ARRC counts towards the Runoffs.

Stan, can you push that through for us? Thanks. Appreciate it.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 202

Default Be Careful What You Wish For

While I know participating at the Run-Ons has been the Holy Grail for a number of years, do you really want to spend at least a week away from home to figure out what can be determined in two days (three if you do the Test Day)?

Obviously I'd prefer to keep the FB cars as part of the ARRC by GRM, but I also understand the desire to play on the national stage (hell, I've even done it once myself!). And if the BoD allows T3 to continue to be invited to the Run-Ons despite their (lack of) numbers, it certainly makes sense to request the same concession for ALL National classes. As you say, Speed leaving gives the BoD a lot more flexibility in structuring the week.

While lobbying for inclusion, also lobby for the 3-3-3 set-up that has been proposed many times in the past yet dismissed because of the TV situation. Two sessions on Day 1, two more sessions on Day 2, Championship Race on Day 3, then start the whole cycle over again with the next 8 race groups. If we have 600 folks signed up for the Run-Ons with the current format, we'd have 900 show up if they don't need to take two weeks off to be able to contend for the National Championship.

Hell, I'd probably even lobby to have GTA recognized as a National class if they'd do that!

(Where's that dead-horse icon anyway?)

Butch Kummer
    ARRC by GRM Chairman
    Last edited by GT1Vette; 08.25.09 at 4:35 PM. Reason: Matt makes a valid point...
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Combining low-car count groups is definitely the key to revamping the Run-Ons schedule, but that's probably a topic for another thread. And I'll have you know, some of us have no choice but to spend the week of the Runoffs in Wisconsin, and the weeks before, and the weeks after!
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    I agree with Brandon on this issue.

I would like to see The F-1000 Championship be at one of the later scheduled national races instead of a regional just to give our class a little shot in the arm as far as national numbers are concerned. An extra 20 cars at one national would certainly help.
    seconded. I think its a waste to have the F1k championship at the ARRC. Everyone should shoot for nationals and large participation numbers there.
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Thread Information