Liked: 5

Default Come see the F600 at Barber this weekend

The motor is running fine and all the little final details will be wrapped up today then a dyno day on Tuesday, then pack to run Barber this coming weekend. The car will be run as both a F600 and FS both days so that both Dan and Clint can meet their license renewal requirements. Whew! That is a LOT of running - can you say torture test?

Homologation permission has been obtained from HQ so don't go bust a gasket.

Jim
    Last edited by jim murphy; 08.30.09 at 9:06 PM. Reason: fix

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default F6

Hey Jim, In the Sunday race at Barber it looked like Clint was staying right on JR's FF tail and another FF on Clint's tail, then I saw Clint in pit lane getting a new left rear tire & repair work to the body work, etc. What happened? The car sure did sound great flying down the back straight & it was good to see him get back out on the track before the end of the race.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Scott,

There's a pretty good write-up over on E-formula Car news and I think they said they just had a rear hub work loose. I don't think it really had anything outside of maybe torque and the shifting to do with the engine combination. Greg

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O'dell View Post
    Scott,

There's a pretty good write-up over on E-formula Car news and I think they said they just had a rear hub work loose. I don't think it really had anything outside of maybe torque and the shifting to do with the engine combination. Greg
    Found it, thanks.
    http://www.eformulacarnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=2673
    Last edited by formulasuper; 09.08.09 at 2:02 PM. Reason: added link
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 5

Yea, they missed checking the left rear hub when they did a nut and bolt check and the hub slid over some until the tire rubbed on the body work. Later on in the race another car had an off and tracked some dirt/gravel onto the track in a corner. Clint hit it at speed and slid off into the grass plugging up his radiator's. Temps climbed to unacceptable levels so he limped into the pits and had to call it a day. I would love to hear some comments from the FF's he was running with and get their perspectives. Clint said he was swamped with visitors all weekend long coming to look at the car.
    Last edited by lancer360; 09.09.09 at 8:54 AM.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Thread Information