Liked: 0

Default conversions vs new Novak chassis?

Last year at the ARRC. Jay had a new F600 chassis design available for viewing.

What are the F500/600 community feelings regarding the number of people that will convert existing cars vs buying a new Novak chassis?

Are the conversions going to be one-offs or are kits going to be available for popular chassis?

Anyone care to estimate the cost differential between the conversion vs buying new?

Maybe I haven't visited the correct sites, but I don't recall any Apex posts from Jay regarding the new F600 car. If there is more info on another site, what is the URL?

I hope you guys have better luck with MC engines than the FB crowd.......

Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rickjohnson356 View Post
    I hope you guys have better luck with MC engines than the FB crowd.......

Looks like fun.
    Just curious here, Rick, what problems are the FB crowd facing with mc engines? They seem to be liking it just fine apart from the odd engine blowing up here or there.

you will want to visit eformulacarnews click on forums and scroll down to f500.there are plenty of posts about the cars being built.as well as a list of the people building cars.the cost difference is going to be that if you are buying a very well used f500 for very cheap.doing a rear clip conversion.you will not be into it for very much.then with a new car.well your basically buying a brand new car already setup for f600.jay says that there will not be much difference in an f500 to anf600.rick goodman is selling cars too.the name is fastline.you will see posts about his car over on eformulacar.im also doing a full new car build and i may offer to sell cars after the testing is done.

Liked: 20

The Novakar F600 chassis that was at the ARRC and is currently being finished is actually just the same as the NovaKar F500 I won the 2007 championship with. It has a different rear clip on the back to fit the 600 motor, so it is a conversion of a previous F500 design. It is just being built from the ground up because we already had the chassis lying around from the initial J360 F500 builds and we decided to build it as a F600 rather than a F500.

Liked: 202

Just so you guys know, F600 IS invited to the 2009 ARRC by GRM. I'll have additional information out after Labor Day, but you'll be in Group 8 with CF, FFX (which will include Fit-powered FF's, should any exist), and FST.

We'd LOVE to have you come join us the weekend of Nov 5-8.

Butch Kummer
    Competition Director
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 5

Great news Butch! I'm really hoping my car is done in time.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by lancer360 View Post
    Great news Butch! I'm really hoping my car is done in time.
    Chris,
    it is time to live every day at Jay's shop finishing your car so that you can test it as much as possible (on parking lots, etc) to see what will break (and fix it) BEFORE the ARRC because it is no fun fixing problems AT the race track. Just ask Dan & Clint.

Jim

Thread Information