Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Sean, you can do it!

Having survived and come back from not one, but two multiple compound fractures (same leg 4", and 10 years apart!!), both of which required external fixation, I know of where I speak.
    This kind of sounds like the situation. You need to know something about all that, you call me.
    We are ALL pulling for you!

Coop

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Sean,

Eric, it's been a couple years since I've seen Sean. I don't normally check this board, but I saw your topic heading. I'm very sorry to hear about his accident. Please pass along my best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery!

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 11

Bill/ Eric-

Do you have an address/ room number/ etc where we can send Sean a card?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default Sean

Home address:
    15313 Two Rivers Trail
    Lanexa, VA 23089

Liked: 1417

Any new info on Sean's condition?

Liked: 5

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Brad
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default Sean's condition update

He is still in ICU and progress has its ups and downs complicated by a long stay in a horizontal position in the hospital bed (clots, etc). He had a surgery yesterday to insert "filters" in his legs to prevent blood clots from moving to critical places. He has another surgery (second try) scheduled for Monday on his shattered right arm (rods to be inserted). He is in a body cast to prevent movement while two cracked vertebra heal (8 weeks.) With broken leg, arm and cracked vertebra, his rehab will be lengthy once he gets out of ICU.

On one of his more lucid days, I read him all the posts on Apexspeed. He was most appreciative.

Liked: 553

Thanks for the update, Bill. I'm sure I speak for everyone who knows Sean, you and his family that we all want this to end well and ASAP. Sure to do hate that he and all of you are having to go through this. If you can think of anything that might help, send PM's and we'll gladly do what we can.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 447

Thanks for the update Bill. Get well soon, Sean!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 9

Default Get well soon!

Bill,

Thanks for the update. It's really great to hear that there is, at least, some positive improvement. Step by step, day by day, seems to bring a positive move forward. No doubt the process will be long but, at least he is moving in the right direction. Keep it up Sean! Keep making those strides forward my friend!

All the best,
    Steve

Liked: 81

Default I don't know you but,

I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I hope you get to feeling better and that you can race again soon!
    Best wishes,
    Megan

Contributing Member

Bill i know it may be a short while before he can race again ,but is there any thing that Rojer and I can do to get his car ready for the next event,,,,,,, I can come and get his car and bring it to my shop to prep it ,,, we have access to anything that needs to be done ,,, I just feel so bad that this has happend and i cannot do anything to make it better,,, I will bring it BACK after its prepped ,,,,buy the way ,,,,,,bob

Liked: 2

Come on Sean, I'm pulling for you up here!! You need to get better so we can get together with your Dad and have a good steak dinner!!

George
    Last edited by George Dean; 09.12.09 at 5:35 PM.

Liked: 59

Really glad to hear of Sean's progress. Thanks for the updates. Were all thinking about him and wishing the best.

Bill

Liked: 3

Default Back from the brink..

Pls excuse the brevity of this message. but I am banging it out unassisted on my phone. rh is wrapped so lh txt for now is slow....My condition has improved much over the last three days. I am up all day bored and reading mags watching SpeedTV. They kicked me out of ICU.Tomorrow will tell the tale for my racing future. Right lower arm has five unset breaks some compound andbsome pieces of the puzzle missing.Thanks for all of the support so far. This is a tremendous community. I will be in personal touch with each of you as soon as I can. Feel free to email me in the meantime.Sean MaiseyFB #99

Liked: 553

GREAT to hear from you. Wow. I'm sure I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you. Hang in there, bud. We are all anxiously looking forward to hearing about your progress and seeing you at the race track as soon as possible.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1417

Good to have you back here, Sean. Get better.

Liked: 3787

Hey, we aren't addicts!

Sean wakes up, gets one hand free, and starts posting on Apexspeed!

Doug, you've created a monster.

Sean, keep pedaling, you'll make it back.

Liked: 0

That's excellent news, and great to hear from you. Speed TV all day long - more than enough motivation to get out of hospital!

Liked: 1

Sean,
    It's so great to hear from you. We've all been worried, although your Dad has kept us informed. We all wish you the best and look forward to seeing you back on track. I know it's tough but be positive. We'll be thinking about you and preying for your quick recovery.

Stan Vann

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Get Healed up soon!

Hope all goes well with the surgery Sean, we are all anxious to see you back on the track and building racecars!

Joe

Default Happy to hear from you!

Sean,

Brandon and I were so happy to hear from you and read your post. At least tonight is Sunday so that means Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain. I am pretty sure that Krista Voda is not hosting too We'll continue keeping you in our prayers and we want everything to go smoothly for you.

Don't get too good at predicting 1/4 mile times on Pass Time.

Leslie Dixon

Liked: 16

Sean, I hope you get back behind the wheel again soon.
    Best wishes,
    Lee

I met Sean and his father several years ago at Roebling Road just as Sean was getting into FB. Sean took a good amount of time to talk with me about FB and the direction SCCA was heading back then. At the time I was hoping to get into FB, but the stock market has re-aligned my goals to F500 for now.

Although I only know Sean from talking with him at RR, I can tell Sean has a real passion for racing and a very encouraging attitude for bringing others into the sport. People like Sean you don't forget.

Wishing you a speedy & full recovery,
    Steven Cagle
    VA Tech, 1992
    In racing, the only thing better than cubic inches is cubic dollars.

Liked: 11

So Sean... after watching speed full time for days you must be a Nascar expert! Perhaps also a Monster Truck Jam expert!

Its hard to imaging that running the same episode of Pinks over and over is better than actual racing-

Seriously, great reading your 1-handed post and knowing you are "out of the woods".

I'm sure you'll be back on the track before I am!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Glad to hear you are making improvements! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Sean;

Tough break, Bud. We'll get you on the prayer hotline up here. Hang in there Pally, relief is on the way!

Iverson
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 232

Default Hey Sean ....

I just hope listing to that theme song for "Pinks" does not send you into a depression !!!
    Glad to see the text .... see you soon.

EJ
    EJ

Swift db-1 (019-85) / Ducati Paso Ltd SS / 70 Triumph "Bonnie"
    Plantation (Ft.Lauderdale)/SCCA-Florida Region 37 years
    JGenerotti's friend, dad, mechanic, assoc. sponsor, etc.

Liked: 111

Sean, I hope the PT people can't keep up with your recovery. Good to see that text.

jim

Default yahooo!

I'm so glad to have you back on Apex....

you must be almost out of the woods, if you are posting here! Even one-handed- wow

Keep it up. We are all cheering for you and from me, if I can help in any way, just let me know.

PS, the trans you brought from Norfolk to VIR is now in the car and the FST build is continuing (slower than I want, but moving forward).

If you get tired of PT, you can always watch the 'truckin' type build infomercials

Keep your spirits up-- we can't race this winter, so you won't miss anything-- and you can do your rehab inside and warm.

Maybe get a PC steering wheel and practice Race07 or rfactor???

If you want one, I will send you mine. It comes with brake & gas pedal cluster too.

Let me know where you want it sent....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Sean,

If there was only some way that we could convert all the good wishes for you into a healing potion, you'd be racing this afternoon, but I guess we'll have to let nature take its course. The fact that you decided to use your energy to respond via Blackberry (I guess) and let us know that you're making progress was a wonderful sign! Keep your spirits up and know that there is a large crowd wishing you nothing but the best!

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Default Get a doc who races

Sean, what a bummer, sorry to hear about your injuries, but glad to see things are looking up.

If you've noticed over on the Sportsracer forum, I'm having pre-Runoffs engine hell. Just make sure you get a doc who is a racer, as you well know, us types don't know how to quit.

Best wishes to you man, heal up quick!!!! Maybe a hot physical therapist would help.
    Kevin Allen

Mallen Alley

Default one handed texting?!

I can't do it with 2! You're already better than me. That must be new form of PT and should be real advantage working the paddle shifters on the FB. Keep moving forward.

Liked: 59

Just a lttle update to save Sean the effort My wife and I visited him yesterday and he is looking quite good, and is in good spirits. As we were leaving, they were moving him into the PT ward to help get things working again. They still have to do orthopedic surgery to put his right arm back together - probably next week, now.

3-1/2 weeks in the hospital has got to be hell, and he's got more to go. I told my wife it has to be like a never-ending airplane flight - impossible to keep your brain occupied. We took pictures of our 24 Hours of Lemons effort from last weekend (he WAS supposed to play...) and spent an hour or so there. If anyone has ideas to help him keep entertained when they aren't putting him through PT-hell I'm sure they'd be appreciated.
    (His wife is there every day, so keep it clean...).

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Something to keep Sean occupied . . . Hmmmmm.
    Oh, AND keep it clean; I'm out of ideas.

Z

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Sean
    Get well asap. I know it is terrible to be stuck in a hospital for any length of time. Been there done that.
    Accordiing to Apexspeed we share the same birthday today. Happy Birthday and best wishes for the speediest recovery possible.

Liked: 83

Default Sean is a REAL Racer!

Sean is a REAL Racer!
    dSean is a member of the FSRAC (Formula Sports Racing Advisory Committee) and on the 3rd Wednesday of every month we have a conference call. I’m sure I was not the only committee member to be surprised when Sean as usual joined the conference call from his hospital bed! We had one important topic and there he was helping the racing community what an inspiration, thank you Sean and get well quickly.
    David Arken

Default brief update

First, let me say another Big thank you to everyone for the TREMENDOUS outpouring of support and encouragement. It is overwhelming in a waybto know that I have so many friends and well wishers here in the racing community.My condition is improving nicely, and while I still have many weeks of recovery to go,I feel good about the process. Thursday marked the beginning of PT. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel now.Thanks to all of you for the posts and PMs. I am trying to keep up as best I can via my phone in the evenings. Accessing ApexSpeed is challengiing with the phone, so please bear with me if I miss your post for a while or am slow to respond. The phone does do email well so that is the best way to send me a private message for now...email address is in my profile...Thanks again for all the encouraging words, and I hope to see you at the track Very soon...Sean

Contributing Member
    Liked: 93

Default How is progress Sean?

Hey Sean, long time no hear. How is PT going?

Default Injury update

I am happy to report that I was sprung from the hospital late last week.

For now I am under wheelchair restriction, and must learn to live in a small "wheelchair friendly" portion of my house. But it is good to be home.

I am hoping to get the greenlight later this week to start putting weight on the left leg. If so, I should be walking soon. The right arm is still only 3 weeks out of MAJOR surgeory, and may take quite some time to get back to near normal. Thankfully all of the other injuries (intestine, liver, ribs, vertibrae) are healed or are healing well.

So overall the situation is much improved, but I still have a long way to go...

Thanks to all of the support from the Apex community,
    Sean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information