Liked: 0

Default Summit Point MARRS Labor Day Race Weekend 2009

Here is a shout out to all of you Formula Ford owners in the mid-Atlantic region (and beyond if you are so inclined)...

Let's get the numbers of FFs up for the upcoming race weekend! The FF fields at the last few Summit races have looked somewhat light in car count and there are not many races left in the season. Each additional competitor makes the race weekend that much more fun. I am not an organizer of the event. I am just a racer who is looking forward to being back at Summit Point after having spent the season exploring tracks new to me. Most of those races had FF fields ranging from 5 to 9 which made for a great time.

Spread the word and let's make a great race weekend!

Lee
    Last edited by Arnis30; 08.25.09 at 9:50 AM.

Liked: 13

LEE & OTHER FORMULA CAR RACERS; If the MARRS race does not turn out the way you would like, please think about the BSFCS which will be hosting its final event of the 2009 season, the races (2) will be held on the Summit Point Raceway on September 26 and another complete race on September 27, the full cost for the weekend is $300.00. The schedule usually goes like this; two(2) twenty minute practice sessions and one ten minute timed session. Then the lunch break followed by a 20 mile Qualifying race(Called a Pole Sprint), set-up by your times from the timed session, next is the 40 mile Competition Points Race (CPR).Which is set-up by your finishing order of the Qualifying race. The raceday ends with a trophy party including FREE hot dogs & Hambergers provided by Bill Scott! Sunday follows the same schedule, therefore a driver can have as much as three hours and fifty minutes during this one weekend. The last time the BSFCS was at the Summit Point Raceway we had 85 formula cars, the smallest field we have had was 21 formula cars and that was on the Shenandoah circuit. One final word about the Shenandoah circuit is that the only drivers that talk bad about it are drivers that have not raced on any of it many layouts. Try it, If you like challenging circuits, I bet you will enjoy it. Have fun and I hope to see you at a BSFCS race.
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Shenandoah circuit

I had a chance to drive the Shenandoah Circuit last year, and I can confirm that it's a tough, demanding course. You're working every second. I'd love to do the 26 Sept race, but my Titan is still a couple months from being ready...

If you're looking for track time and competition with other formula cars, this is your event!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 1

I actually think the Shenandoah Curcuit must have been created for the lower powered formula classes. (FV through FC) I've never driven any track that I've enjoyed better. If you haven't run one of these weekends you owe it to yourself to try one. Just ask anyone who's run one of these races.

Stan Vann
    Caldwell D9

Thread Information