Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Team Phoenix Race Works Driver Wins!

Team Phoenix Race Works F1000 owner/driver Richard Dziak won the South West Motor Sports ....8th Annual Deutsche Marque Classic Open Wheel main event today at Sandia Motor Speedway in Albuquerque. Richard Dziak won the pole position in qualifying setting a new Sandia Motor Speedway track record for Formula F1000 with a 1:28.99 run on the 1.65 mile 15 turn road course. In the main event with Richard Dziak on the pole, he took the lead and lead the entire race. In the afternoon Open Wheel Sprint Race, Dziak earned the pole position from the main event win, and also finished 1st the Sprint Race event.

The Phoenix F1K.07 ran flawlessly thoughout the day, with no reported problems. It was another incredible day of competitive racing with the Phoenix brand F1000.

On Sunday afternoon Richard Dziak will once again race his Phoenix F1K.07 Formula F1000 for the SWMS Points Championship Series. Hopefully Sunday's main event will be as successful as Saturdays main event.

The Phoenix F1000 was once again one of the star performers of the day and one of the most admired race cars of the day and on the race track. Many fellow racers stopped by our set up in the paddock asking many questions about the Phoenix F1000. Most commented on the sleek look, and of course the roaring and winding sound of the Suzuki GSXR 1000 engine on the track.

It was another great day of racing this beautiful Phoenix F1K.07 Formula F1000 race car.

An update will folllow after tomorrows main event Points Championship race.

For more information on Phoenix Race Works visit their website at www.phoenixracecars.com

SWMS is a non SCCA organization but is modeled after the SCCA GCR rules, and regulations.
    Last edited by Richard Dziak; 08.15.09 at 9:03 PM.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 14

excellent result, good work richard!!!

how many FB cars were running in this event?

Liked: 0

sorry to go off topic but are you the same fishguy from the lotus forum?your avatar looks the same.way to go richard

Liked: 21

Default Congratualtions Richard!

Richard,
    It sounds like you are having a blast! Keep it up!

Thanks!
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Thanks everyone for the comments. It was a great weekend with a new racing group this year, South West Motor Sports a non-SCCA group. Overall there was about 90 entries and 9 Formula cars registered. Thru attrition by the time of the final Sunday race the group was down to 5 formula entries. I was the only F1000. The track was a 1.65 mile road course with 15 turns. A tough technical course, but fun. Made the arms tired after 2 days.

I would highly suggest for those F1000 owners (perhaps regional racers) who might want to enjoy the fun and the sport of motorsports, you may want to consider other groups other than the SCCA. The SCCA is not the only venue around. I have learned this quickly this year. Yes, we had corner workers, ambulance on track, and wrecker for the crashes. Race stewards, and grid starters. The same as the SCCA
    It was a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of track time. 2 races on Saturday, with a practice and qualifying run. On Sunday another practice session, qualifying and 2 more race events so I got plenty of track time and was quite exhausted by the end of the weekend.

Had pole positon in all 4 race events, Won 3 of 4 races, until the final event when the F1000 spun and with no reverse, had to slowly work the car back on the track. By then, I was passed and did my best to play catch up.

One of the highlights was meeting Jim Guthrie former IRL driver and owner of Jim Guthrie Racing. He spent some time discussing the F1000 chassis and was impressed with the Phoenix brand. He provided a few driving tips and I was really thrilled to speak with him. He was just a regular guy, who really wanted to talk racing. The discussion was all about the F1000 class, and he even provided a few suggestions for modifications to the Phoenix brand. Of course I did invite him to drive the car.

Overall it was a great weekend and it was nice to have the Pro Auto Sports racers come over from the Phoenix area. It made for a great weekend, lots of fun, and competitive racing.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Thread Information