Thread: 008 running hot

Liked: 2

Default 008 running hot

Looking for some help regarding 008 cooling issues in high air temps

Ran at summit point , grid ambient temp was 90+degrees with 66% humidity and sunny friggin hot.
    Warmed car on grid to 160-170 and went out ran maybe 3-4 laps warning lamp on, cooled maybe 10-15 on straight but would not stay down, so I brought it in.

I see in old posts that there was some kind of 008 update for a overheating issue ? anyone know what that was ?

I had no boil over at all as I brought it in when that lamps came on
    Any input appreciated, and I already checked off a new rad cap
    ed
    "The visibility at the best of times is liable to be a bit hazy due to clouds of ignorance"... Carroll Smith

Liked: 0

Default summit

what temp did it reach?

Liked: 1

Default Warning temperature

Also, what temperature is your alarm set at?

With a reasonable radiator cap, 230 deg. should be safe for water. You can set the oil alarm for around 240-250.

Thread Information