Liked: 3787

Default FF40th Group Poster, etc.

We are getting lots of calls and emails about "the Poster". .. The picture of all the cars gathered on the front straight last Friday evening.

We understand the excitement, especially after we showed a one-off print at the party.

Let me post an update on what is happening.

Mrs Frog and I drove almost straight through from RA to Aiken South Carolina, arriving Monday evening. We have a dear friend in Aiken that is a 20 year experienced race photog and Photoshop pro (10 years with Ferrari, etc). OBTW, another FF competitor has already volunteered his print facility. Monday night and into Tuesday we have been working with a few hundred images of that shoot to find the best ones. Then it's into Photoshop to dress up and add other images, etc., etc. There has been lots of coordination between artists and the print facility. Soon all this artwork will be in a format that can be shipped to the printer. Next come draft/preview runs. Inspection. Then a printing. The plan is to print it on a high quality stock.

I've seen some early proofs and can say it should be an impressive final product.

After printing, we have to get them shipped to a facility for packaging and shipping them to you. We are hoping to maybe be doing first test print by Friday. If all is well, we could be ready to start shipping by sometime next week.

In the meantime we have to ramp up to be able to take orders and ship a large number of posters.

Hopefully by friday we will have all the gears lined up, and be able to post here the details for placing orders, etc.

Obviously, the posters will be available by themselves, but we are exploring whether framed prints can be offered also.

Enough about the big group poster.

During the course of 4 days we took maybe 8,000 to 9,000 shots. Saturday we had 7 different photo sessions with groups of cars on the skidpad. (Crossles, Lolas, Pipers, Early English, Swifts, North American makes, One-offs, etc.) And there are grid pictures, paddock pictures, on-track pictures, posed pictures, party pictures, yadda, yadda, yadda of about 250 entries. Whew! Daunting.

Once we get the group poster project rolling, we'll try to get the "group shots by marque" ready to go.

Stay tuned...

Liked: 0

Default Ready to take orders

The much awaited group shot poster is almost ready. In this first release of pictures we're also offering the original picture, as it was taken with no cropping and edits. Poster prof and original picture are below, as well as pricing and ordering instructions.

Soon we will provide information of the individual group shots and a photo DVD.

POSTER - UNFRAMED, approximate size 10 1/2 x 28, prices include US S&H
    1 - $ 30.00
    2 - $ 55.00
    3 - $ 75.00
    4 - $ 90.00 etc.

POSTER - FRAMED, approx. 1" black frame, no mat, $100.00, price includes US S&H

ORIGINAL PRINT - UNFRAMED, 20x30 (like we had at RA), prices include US S&H

1 - $ 40.00
    2 - $ 75.00
    3 - $ 110.00

Prices for larger quantities provided upon request.

PAYMENT OPTIONS - please specify what you are ordering:

1. Paypal to "mrspurplefrog@earthlink.net"

2. Check or money order, mail to:
    Janice Eakin
    149 Mulberry Circle
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

Questions? Email me at: mrspurplefrog@earthlink.net
    aka Janice Eakin

POSTER and PRINT:
    Last edited by Mrs. Purple Frog; 08.21.09 at 9:40 PM.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

For anyone that wasn't there or didn't see the original enlarged group photo, let me tell you: It is amazing & looks 10 times better when viewed in person. Now I'm anxiously waiting to see our Lola group photos!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Scott,
    Thanks for the kind words. We think the poster with the black border is pretty special. We can only thank Shelly at Oh Schmidt Productions, and Cliff Johnson at Alpine Litho-Graphics for busting their butts to get this poster available so quickly. Including the shot of the 18 past champions at the banquet was a bonus.

OBTW, I think Scott was having as much fun all weekend as anybody can have without a 1300 motorcycle motor.
    A picture of Scott in action, and a "teaser" picture of 5 generations of Lolas.

And... Cliff johnson in his beautiful Piper.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 5:05 PM.

Whoops! Sorry for the confussion...when posting the order information last night I indicated "Ebay" as one of the payment options. I should have said "PayPal". When using PayPal, enter mrspurplefrog@earthlink.net in the e-mail address.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

I wasn't even there but I want one. What is the direct tequila discount?

Okay Mrs. Frog, I'm confused, which ain't hard to do! What is the difference between the poster and the print? I didn't see the mock-up you had at the dinner so I'm not sure what to order. The shot with the black border is awesome, so if I order that what do I call it?
    BTW Scott, you were on my butt until the black, then you dropped back after the second green; what happened? I'm sorry if I was holding you up, but racing is racing and I hate to give up a position whether it's for points or for fun!

Wes Tipton
    127 red & white Crossle

Hi Wes,
    I think you are wanting the POSTER (approximately 28 1/2 x 10). It is the picture that has been cropped, altered a little with PhotoShop, text added and the champion's pictures added.

The original PRINT is 20x30 and just the way it was took (no editing).

Hope this helps.

That answers my question, thanks Janice! I'll be ordering this week-end.

Wes

Liked: 11

WOW!!!!

Those look amazing. And so many FF's!

No wonder you were disappointed about the karting pics...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default the group shots

Hey guys, When are the group shots coming out? Are theri any good shots of the parade of Champions? Jim
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 11

You know....

I don't own a FF (ok, any race car at the moment), and I was not there- but that poster is too cool not to have hanging in my shop. Think about what one of the track photographers would have charged- a 20x30 would be $100++!

It would also make a great gift for a sponser/ helper...
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 3279

Default WOW!

We have our copy of the black-border poster of the 200+ FF's on the Road America main straight.. It is absolutely amazing. Anyone into FF needs to have one. This scenario may never be repeated!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 8

Maybe hijacking your thread.. but.. I recall the flyer passed out at the track said something about getting all the pix you folks you of a car... any chance I could see what you got of 71/171? Would like to get some...

cheers,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default Update

We have been shipping posters for a few weeks. The large 20x30 photos started shipping today.

Some framed prints have been delivered. Some frames are being built as I type. We had to contract with a firm to custom build frames in volume and ship them to us disassembled. But as DaveW wrote above, it worked out pretty sweet.

Shots of Individual Cars:

About all the car shots that mike g. asked about....

We have been indexing shots like crazy. A lot of folks have requested photos. What we have been doing is pulling all their photos, burning them on a CD, and mailing it to them. We base the charge on how many good shots we have. And we are keeping it real reasonable. That way once you get the CD you own the full resolution images. You can do what you want without fear of copyright problems. Print them, load your website, whatever. This is what we have been doing for the pro teams for about two years. Usually they sign up before a weekend, and we shoot as if we were their team photographer. It's not unusual for a pro team to get 150 images per weekend... track, paddock, crew, etc.

Because of the format of FF 40th, we are seeing usually 20 to 50 images per FF40th entry. The size of the fields, and the 4 miles of track, meant that on every lap we didn't get every car... even shooting at 3 frames per second. Also on saturday we concentrated on all the group shots, so we didn't get as much track action. So far we have had shots for every customer that were high enough quality to blow up to 20x30 successfully.

Marque Group Shots:

About the group shots. e.g. all the Lolas, all the Crossles, all the Swifts...etc., etc.
    Pictures will be on SmugMug soon for you to order size and quantity you want. We will also be offering personalized prints with the group shot and individual cars featured on the track (if we got a shot of your car). An example and pricing on these special orders coming soon.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 08.21.09 at 9:50 PM.

Contributing Member

Just got my posters. Pretty damn amazing picture!

Liked: 1

Default Thanks !!

To Frog & Mrs. Frog. I picked up my 28 x 10 print at Mid-Ohio, and the folks at the framing shop went nuts ! They think they may want to have few to sell !

Looking forward to the Lola group shots. Wish it had been my Ford I was in for the photos !

Raisin Racin'

Liked: 56

We received our posters yesterday and Management (wife) went to the frame shop today. Fabulous. I'd love to have one in every room!
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Default Poster in every room

Quote Originally Posted by CF56 View Post
    We received our posters yesterday and Management (wife) went to the frame shop today. Fabulous. I'd love to have one in every room!

Great idea. However, when I suggested to my wife (the Team CFO & Crew Chief) that I get an extra copy for "our" newly renovated master bathroom, she said NO. Much as I didn't like that answer, I'd rather she No to that than to me when I say, let's go RACING!
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Contributing Member

Already gave away both of mine. One guy wants to buy a car and go racing. froggie send me a framed copy so i can refuse to give it away. SCCA National should buy in bulk best advertising to grow membership I've seen.

We are starting to load FF40th pictures to SmugMug, you can see them here:

http://purplefrog.smugmug.com/

Take a look at the different ITEMS you can order, including CANVAS and METALLIC prints.

BE CAREFUL when ordering the group picture...it does not work will will some sizes - you may need to crop to make sure you get the part of the picture you want. The original 20x30 print can be ordered from SmugMug or from us (ordering details in this thread).

The special designed 10 1/2 x 28 poster will NOT be available through SmugMug...just through us (this is the one with the event logo and picture of champions).

THANKS for your interest in the pictures and your patience with us getting the other pictures ready for you to order.
    Last edited by Mrs. Purple Frog; 09.03.09 at 11:26 PM.

Received my framed poster yesterday, and it is awesome! I'm trying to find the right wall to hang it on, but I keep taking it with me during the day to show it off, so I guess I'll wait to get it hung!

Thanks,
    Wes Tipton

Default Runoffs Availability

Posters (framed and unframed) will be available for purchase in the Great State of Wisconsin during the Runoffs week. Reduced prices will be offered if we don't have to pay shipping.

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Marque Photos

PF and the lovely Mrs. PF, have the marque photos been loaded for purchase? I just saw the group shot and that picture of those two ugly male organizers....

Default Group Shots being published...finally!

Hi everyone, Sorry for taking soooo long on Saturday's group photos.

Our brother-in-law, Rick Kreiselman, bravely accepted the task of editing the pictures to get the "yukky stuff" out of the background. He has done a great job and has begun publishing them to SmugMug, a commercial internet service that allows you to order prints, merchandise and digital images. The website address is: http://kreiselman.smugmug.com

SmugMug is very user friendly and produces great products; you might want to try the "metallic" finish...it is awesome! To see items that can be ordered in addition to prints, click on the picture you want, select "buy this picture" on the right hand side and then select the Merchandise tab.

The unedited Friday night group photo is available on our SmugMug site at:
    http://purplefrog.smugmug.com

THANKS to Rick for getting this project done and thanks to everyone who orders prints so he can be rewarded in a small way for all the hours of work put into editing the pictures.

Default More Marque Pictures Posted

I have just added two more Lola Marque pictures to the SmugMug web site at http://kreiselman.smugmug.com. They contain the entire Lola group with the drivers. One has the banner while the other doesn't.
    - Rick Kreiselman

Default TAKE A LOOK!

Hi everyone, Rick published more pictures on his SmugMug site: http://kreiselman.smugmug.com/

There's a really cute picture of a certain couple we all adore. You must see it! Everyone will want a copy of it.

Take a look and let your FF friends know about the site. Also, let Rick know if you have special requests for a personally designed picture/poster.

Liked: 78

Default Swift group picture

Hey Mr. and Mrs.PF,

Do y'all have any copies of the Swift group picture that you could post? I wasn't able to be in any of the others due to fixing my Dad's car . Please post if possible.

Thanks,
    Meg

Default Swift Group Picture

Meg

Thanks for the inquiry. I have updated the site below to show the group names when you hover over the thumbnail pictures.

Go to http://kreiselman.smugmug.com and you'll find one in the Formula Ford 40th Anniversary Gallery
    Last edited by rickk; 10.17.09 at 11:06 AM.
    - Rick Kreiselman

Liked: 78

Default Thanks!

Great pictures! Thanks for the link I appreciate it! Now all I have to do is convince my parents to get me one for Christmas!

Thanks again,
    Megan

Default Pictures

A few more pictures have been added. A couple of requests have come in and I am now posting some that look good. If anyone has questions, ideas, requests, feel free to contact me at ffpictures@kreiselman.com
    - Rick Kreiselman

Default New poster of the FF field at the 40th

I have posted a new poster of the entire FF cars at http://kreiselman.smugmug.com/Photog...94545063_EKY8K

Those of you towards the front came out pretty good. The ones in the back, well, not much I could do
    - Rick Kreiselman

Default Christmas Special

For those of you wanting to buy pictures of the FF 40th Anniversary, I have set up a coupon to save you 15% for orders over $20. The coupon code is: FFChristmasSpecial

This coupon is valid through Dec 31, 2009.
    - Rick Kreiselman

Liked: 8

Default Glossy, Matte, etc

Can you a recommendation as to what finish gives the best apperance? i'm interested in the Swift group shot.

Tim Webb
    #24 DB6

I hear the metallic is very good from those that have ordered it.
    - Rick Kreiselman

Default Shopping for the person that has everything?

Want to avoid the mall hassle?

Want to avoid shoveling your driveway to go shopping?

Are you stuck as to what to buy that FF friend?

Want to avoid the hassle of wrapping and shipping to that distant friend?

We have Formula Ford 40th Posters and Prints ready to ship.

Email us, or better yet include your special shipping instructions in your PayPal request and we'll do everything we can to get your present in their hands before the 25th.

Our posted prices are for regular mail shipping and there still is 5 days left for that shipping.

Sorry, but we just shipped the last frame, and can not get more in time for Christmas.

POSTER - UNFRAMED, approximate size 10 1/2 x 28, prices include US S&H
    1 - $ 30.00
    2 - $ 55.00
    3 - $ 75.00
    4 - $ 90.00 etc.

ORIGINAL PRINT - UNFRAMED, 20x30, prices include US S&H

1 - $ 40.00
    2 - $ 75.00
    3 - $ 110.00

Prices for larger quantities provided upon request.

PAYMENT OPTIONS - please specify what you are ordering:

1. Paypal to "mrspurplefrog@earthlink.net"

2. Check or money order, mail to:
    Janice Eakin
    149 Mulberry Circle
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

Questions? Email me at: mrspurplefrog@earthlink.net
    aka Janice Eakin

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Awesome

I gave myself and early Xmas present of one of Mrs. PF's shots of all the Swift cars at the 40th - it came today and looks great! I do recommend the metallic option it really highlights her great photography!

Thread Information