Sportsfans it was a show!

8 Club Continental entries, plus 2 other cars that qualified to be CFCs but chose to run FC. It almost looked like a bloody vintage event.

But the SE Division is taking notice. With these kind of numbers the class will survive as a regional class.

Don't have my notes here with me in the Lear, so I will wing it briefly.

Marshall Aiken kicked ass! Won both races. He is now well in the lead for the 2001 SE Championship. But it was not a cakewalk.

David Sava rolled out a new exotic Reynard, that looked like nothing Adrian ever thought of, and put it on the pole for the first race. It was Sava, Aiken, and LaTerra as 14, 15, and 16 in a field of 48 cars. They were all in the 2:08 range. Eakin was back around 32nd needing a hourglass for a timing device. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Saturday's race ended up as a no go when it was totallly washed out on the grid. It was run first thing Sunday morning. It was a real battle until Sava spun. Aiken then was in the lead with LaTerra chasing. LaTerra set fastest lap in the effort, but did a high speed spin at the chicane to loose contact. Forgot who was third, but Eakin cruised around to take fourth.

Second race, Sunday afternoon... Aiken qualified on stickers to lead CFC. It was Aiken slotted a few spots ahead of Laterra. Sava repairing from the first race's spin didn't make the qualifying session, and started from the back in his dayglo orange creation.
In the race Aiken ran away and hid. He was even running well with the newer VDs. Aiken won handily, with LaTerra second, and Eakin in third. Eakin woke up on Sunday and was lapping 6 seconds faster than Saturday, but still way off the pace of Aiken and LaTerra.

The Swifts really have the aero package needed at Daytona. Big old Reynards just are pushing too much air at 140 mph.

It was a blast. Everybody should go out in practice with 103 cars! Ranging from FA to FV and f500. That practice was like a video game.

And sportfans... it can really rain in Florida.

We will try to post the full finishing order later when AirFrog lands.