Liked: 11

Default FF40th National In-Car Video

Hey Guys,

Heres a Part I cut of the video which captures some of the spectacle of how many cars were there and also the first few laps of the race. We'll get a part II up sometime later which should show some good racing between John Robinson II and I and then the rain falling, which was insane!

The whole event was just a blast and I can't say enough about it. Thanks to Rand and Beeler and most of all all the Formula Ford drivers that came out to make this event something really really special.

Congrats to Jeremy for a phenomenal drive in drastically changing conditions.

Also big thanks to Jim Little and Ed of Drivers Services who worked tirelessly to make the car run as well as it did all weekend and also to get me to the grid in time for the national (even bleeding the brakes on the false grid!).

Hope you enjoy the video! We'll get the second half up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvF5...er_profilepage

Bill Valet
    Last edited by Bill Valet; 07.28.09 at 5:08 PM.
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 3

Nice line and speed through the kink - I gotta learn that!

Default Part II

As promised heres part II of the race. The rain definitely made things hairy! I had a great time, the track really allows for some fantastic racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmLx...er_profilepage

Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 0

Default Thanks!

Bill,

Thanks for sharing the great videos! Although I was in California, my heart was at Road America last weekend.

Fortunately, I made the 40th FF Birthday Party at Buttonwillow in May with my old boss Bob Morris.

In any event, thanks again for the good footage and congrats on your 6th place finish!

-Dave Trux
    RPM Motorsports 1975-1977
    Dennis Firestone #10 Crossle 32F
    Timmy Cox #80 Crossle 32F

Default Thanks!

Thanks guys! It took me a few sessions to figure out when to turn in for that Kink. That particular line doesn't scrub too much speed off, maybe a mile an hour (yes I watch the speedo through there! its a good indicator as to how well I take a corner lap over lap).

I'm glad you've enjoyed the video. We like posting them all for everyone to enjoy, and with a race like that, how can we not post it!

-Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Liked: 14

great video, thanks for sharing it!!!

AND,
    awesome driving!!!!!
    Josh

Thread Information