Liked: 0

Default 40th FF Thanks!!

In the true spirit of FF racing, Tom Stillwell and Alan Murray helped me make the FF race Sunday afternoon. On Friday my motor spit out a thrust bearing that took out the cam. After checking with a lot of competitors, I stopped by Tom and Alan's trailer and asked if they had a spare motor. Within 5 minutes, they helped load their fresh spare motor on to the back of our golf cart. They never even asked my name! They just said 'If you need a motor, here you go'. We got the motor installed and made the second qualifier but we had set the ignition timing wrong (our fault) and ended up 39th on the grid. We got the timing fixed and the motor ran great in the morning warmup. In the race
    I went from 39th to 7th! Without their help I would not have made the race and missed one of the most memorable drives I have had in all of the 27 years I have been racing FF's.

Thanks again to Tom and Alan for making the 40th a great weekend for me.

Tim Dunn
    DB-6 #19
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Liked: 208

Default Great strory

Tim:

Great story. Glad to hear that you made the field. Good to see you again

Ralph
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 0

Great story -- and not a surprise knowing Alan and Tom. What a weekend. What an amazing weekend.

Thread Information