Liked: 0

Default Does anyone know the results of the Formula Ford 40th?

Does anyone know the results of the Formula Ford 40th? I saw the great article on eformulacarnews, but was looking for the full finishing order. Thanks!
    Last edited by BLU; 07.27.09 at 7:09 AM. Reason: update

Liked: 309
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I do not have the results of the Vintage race as I had to catch a flight - but these are the winners

CFF - Coello. Treadway took the checker but did not make weight.

Regional Formula Ford - Livingston

National Formula Ford - Treadway

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Dennis, Thanks for the pic's. Cool pic of Jeremy on the checker flag lap with what's left of the water in the car pumping out the back of it!

I also like the pic of him at the line in the DB6. That's the team on the left chearing!

BTW: Billy did a great job. You guys should be proud of him!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Hi gang,

We have now added the full results from the National and Regional race to the report listed above. I'll be adding details of the Vintage race once i get results.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 2

Worthy note,
    Bob Lobenberg chose to start dead last instead of his qualifying position of 13th, as he wasn't in the hunt for National points. He had only done 7 laps in the Viking through practice and qualifying. And previously hadn't driven any thing in 20 years.
    Bob started the race 87th and finished 11th.
    Don't know what the record for passing the most FF's in a single race, but this has to be close.... too bad they don't give a hard charger award!!
    Certainly the drive of the race....
    George Main
    SpeedSense consulting

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Not surprised on Bob

They showed a video of the Runoffs that Bob won at the reception Saturday night and I am not surprised that he cut through the field the way he did. It was a blast watching the Road Atlanta race. If anyone knows how to post it on here everyone should see it as the drivers were using all of the pavement, dirt and grass available to pass and race to the finish. The funniest part was the post race interview with Bob in a cowboy hat describing his strategy for winning - his wife who he went to High School with and recently married had not ever seen him in action (on the racetrack) saw him race for the first time on the video it was very cool, he is one heck of a driver.

Oh and Jeremy can drive the wheels off a car, I followed him around the track and he has unbelievable car control - I learned more in one lap then all day on Thursday. We won't talk about Friday and heim joints breaking....

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Al Craighead View Post
    Hi gang,

We have now added the full results from the National and Regional race to the report listed above. I'll be adding details of the Vintage race once i get results.

Cheers,
    Al, one minor correction to your regional report, Runyan was in a DB-6 and Livingston was in a DB-3.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Does anyone know if David Livingston is ok from that accident. He was in the car for a while with the medics. I don't really know how to find out about this because I also had to rush to catch a flight. Any information would be much appreciated.
    -Jason Generotti
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 3

Default Livingston okay

We met with the Livingstons yesterday to look over the damage to the car. David was released from the hospital at 11:30 Sunday night. He didn't fracture his leg, but had a large laceration from the frame tube.

Hey guys, I'm fine. I have a couple of deep cuts on my left thigh and 13 stitches. The car is a mess. They had to cut two bars just to get me out. There was also some chassis damage at the left front. Very hard hit and I'm sore, but I'll heal and the car will be ready for the Runoffs!

Liked: 71

David...Glad you are O-K, the car looked pretty rough. One side looked O-K, but man the other side was ugly. Good job on the regional win...excellent result for first time there.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

David,
    Glad to hear that you're ok. Heal fast and drive faster!

Garey
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Thread Information