Liked: 0

Default Summit Point Aug 22,23

We had a great time on the main track in July, August 22,23 we'll be on the Bill Scott FV World Champion designed course. For a bit of added challenge we will run Clockwise Sat. and CCW Sunday. If we have 6+ FV's John said we can have a FV only race! We'll get more track time than on the main couse and tons more than any other event that I've seen. All for $300. This is a first class facility, paved paddock, electric, fuel, clean showers & concession all just for this track. This is a great track that will challenge you and make you a better driver, you have to try this one. For more info go to the FRCCA web page at http://frccallc.webs.com/ Bill FV#55 Caldwell D13
    Bill Carroll
    http://componentsolutionsllc.net/
    Component Solutions - Construction and Race Car Marketing
    Euroswift SC97, VWBug GT4

Liked: 13

FV55; Please explain what is it you get for $300.00? Thanks
    yours for the Sport, AJ

The FRCCA entry for both days is $300.
    This year at this track has been 2-3 practices , a qualifier race and a 20 lap race each day. Each evening awards are given out and Sat eve. Andy usually shows a decent movie in one of the classrooms. I run a FV and am using up 5 gallons of fuel each day which is quite a lot at 12-15 mpg (60-75 miles/day - one day I got almost 90 miles!). BE THERE!
    Bill Carroll

Liked: 7

See video above, Thanks Jim.

Bill #55 Caldwell D13
    Bill Carroll

Default Who's coming?

We need a count of cars so PM me or sign up at: http://www.frccallc.webs.com

John has an All FV race set up for Saturday and Sunday on the 1970 FV World Champion Bill Scott designed course. We need 6+ vee's so let us know if you are coming, it will be a great race!

Bill
    Bill Carroll

I may come, seeing the video, it is not the twisty track I imagined you guys raced on. I will see what I have after this MARRS race Aug 8-9. I'm trying to put as little wear/tear on my car, and my bank account, but I probably won't get off from work. If I can get off from work, and afford the race, I would love to come out and play.
    Good luck Bill !I'll definately try to attend the Sept. SUmmit Point main race.

Steven
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Hey Steve,
    Would love to have you again with us. Give me a call or an email we can work something out with payments or something for the weekend. Just want to get you guys racing.
    John
    frcca@ptd.net
    JH

Default Still need a car count, PLEASE

Please get your registration in or let John or me know if your coming. I know three more FV's are thinking about this weekend and that would make 6+, John has reassured me we would have our own FV races at 6!

http://www.frccallc.webs.com
    Bill Carroll

Liked: 4

Default Shenandoah

The only people who don't like Shenandoah, are the ones who haven't driven it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven McWilliams Jr View Post
    I may come, seeing the video, it is not the twisty track I imagined you guys raced on. I will see what I have after this MARRS race Aug 8-9. I'm trying to put as little wear/tear on my car, and my bank account, but I probably won't get off from work. If I can get off from work, and afford the race, I would love to come out and play.
    Good luck Bill !I'll definately try to attend the Sept. SUmmit Point main race.

Steven
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

The track was designed by FV World Champion, Bill Scott, there is a lot of chatter about this track, good and bad, and if you stop up on the bridge and take a look, you get a misguided perspective about it. I know I did early this year. Now that I have driven it both directions and with the Karussel I love it. I agree with the previous post, the people who told me bad things about it have never driven it. It is challenging, it is technical. It is not a track that has huge long straights and two turns that are important, the whole track requires good driving and offers many opportunities to run with your compatition and pass. It has a bit of everything.

I agree if you havn't run this track, expecially the configurations the FRCCA uses, send in your registration, you will enjoy it, you will want to come back.

Rookie Bill Carroll, FRCCA FV #55
    Bill Carroll

Default Shenandoah

Quote Originally Posted by FV55 View Post
    The track was designed by FV World Champion, Bill Scott,
    For All "Formula Cars"
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

OK guys, I had off already for the MARRS at NJMP, that I decided last night, is not worth the cost, counting the practice day I will need (I won't get on a new track w/o it), and the 300 buck entry fee that gets less track time than SP MARRS races.
    So, that said, I told my boss I can work that weekend, but somebody was already scheduled in my place, so...
    If It comes to be the middle of next week, and I am not scheduled to work......I WILL be racing. I will call John sometime, or e-mail Bill, also, do we get the free practice day with all FRCCA weekends?
    Bill, thanks for coming out this weekend, and thanks for persuading me to come out and play with you guys...John, thanks for working with me on payment, I won't need to do any adjusting, I got raise (good thing for the increase in minimum wage!) which now gets me what I need to race.

Thank you guys for presenting me with this opportunity, and I look forward to take advantage of it
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR

You will get enough track time Sat and Sun, you won't need a practice day. Don't forget to bring extra fuel (FV will need 10 gallons for the weekend), they have pumps right there too! Friday and Sat. evening there will be a track walk with the instrutors, I reccomend that for everyone, especially anyone new. Steve: After that I will return the favor about the line, since you gave me great advice on the main course last time, just don't beat me too bad then!
    Bill Carroll

Thanks Bill!
    I think I will just come out to watch this time. I just spent money on tires, and this would be my 2nd race in 3 weeks, that's a lot of money for me to spend in one month. I'll come out for probably one day with a friend that races an ITA CRX, show him what Formula cars are about and just hang out around the track. This may be the one weekend I am not working, or racing, so I don't mind relaxing
    Bill, I will take you up on your offer sometime at the end of the year when the MARRS races slow down. I am buying a lot of parts for my car this month, and I sadly, really can't afford this race I will help you out with whatever you need during the weekend though
    Good Luck everyone!
    SCCA WDCR

Default track walking

what time will the instructors be walking the track?

I think around 7, I decided to race this weekend by the way guys!

See you there
    Steven
    Blue/Black #19 FV
    SCCA WDCR

Friday evening I suggest 7pm, it gives many of us time to get there and unload and still make a full walking lap before it gets too dark.

Sat. the suggestion is after the awards, since we will be changing directions on Sunday,

Andy will be driving backwards (and probably on the wrong side of the road).

Meet near the gas pumps.
    Bill Carroll

We had another great weekend, a little too wet Sat. afternoon with the Qual. turning into a spin fest, though the older and wiser Doug M. went out and drove around the track (we all went out to race) and although he never passed a car on track he passed everyone! A true case of the slowest car winning! Sunday was dry and we got to run with all of the classes in a 45 min. practice in the morning, that was great. Matt won the Qual. The race was the best one yet. Matt got by a FF and was never seen again and went on to win, running consistent low 1:30's, my brakes started to go and Steve caught me, the last 6 laps were an awesome passing challenge with 1-3 passes per lap, Steve finally got the second spot with two laps to go and was able to keep me behind. We were both driving hard and our lap times during the battle were some of our best!
    Bill Carroll

Yes Bill, it was great.
    I had fun racing with everybody, and the track is sure fun, but I don't know which way is more fun, I'd say CCW. the Qualifying race was pretty close, maybe a little too close, but it was good.
    Bill, I look forward to racing you in more SCCA events, hopefully you'll choose to go the enclosed trailer route instead of the Womer so you won't beat me too bad!

Fun race guys,
    Steven
    SCCA WDCR

Default Great News

The most interesting thing about Shenandoah, CW Or CCW, Horsepower and/or Wings have no "Real Advantage" it's up to the Driver. Wish i was as smart as Mr. Scott.

It's Great News that this track is finally receiving Great Reviews from "Drivers Who Have Driven It"

Regards,
    Doc Hunson
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Quote Originally Posted by FWSchroeder View Post
    The most interesting thing about Shenandoah, CW Or CCW, Horsepower and/or Wings have no "Real Advantage" it's up to the Driver
    That was a cool feature. a Ford driver was convinced that FV's have more cornering speed but I did some karting with him so I didn't tell him -no way jose-

I passed a FC which was pretty cool too!

Very neat track, either way has it's fun parts, but I do think CCW was most fun, and WAY more challenging instead of just late apexing everything like on the CW circuit
    SCCA WDCR

Default CCW

"Designed CCW"
    Congrats to AJ, for the foresight to run "All Venues" in variations.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Thread Information