Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 3787

A few cars one won't see every weekend.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 4:57 PM.

I so wanted to put this car in the red, white, and blue section.
    But... the kid is from the South East (Tenn.).
    I'm thinking the car is orange and blue...

Orange in the Southest:
    U of F gaytor?, or
    Auburn wareagle, tiger, plainsman?
    Tennessee volunteer?...

Could be he just likes that sharp combination of colors... Either way, a great car and driver combo. David a real story of ups and downs. A win one day , and getting cut out of the car on another day .

We hope David and his beautiful Swift are back real soon and see him strong for the Runoffs.

Liked: 0

[QUOTE=Purple Frog;222562]I so wanted to put this car in the red, white, and blue section.
    But... the kid is from the South East (Tenn.).
    I'm thinking the car is orange and blue...

Orange in the Southest:
    U of F gaytor?, or
    Auburn wareagle, tiger, plainsman?
    Tennessee volunteer?...

Could be he just likes that sharp combination of colors... Either way, a great car and driver combo. David a real story of ups and downs. A win one day , and getting cut out of the car on another day .

We hope David and his beautiful Swift are back real soon and see him strong for the Runoffs.

[/QUOTE

Thanks...but I'm actually a Vanderbilt Commodore. Black and Gold are a little drab...so we went with something a bit brighter... The paint manufacturer calls it Neon Red...but it looks more like day glow orange. The car is coming back together and the leg is healing nicely. We'll be at the Runoffs!

Default Blind hogs...

Sometimes a blind hog does find an acorn.

There is a story behind this picture.

Marc Blanc ordered a bunch of pictures from us. Even though we had a lot of great shots of his family, his cars in action, etc... he was still a bit disappointed that we didn't have a shot of him leading out of T5.

I carry a small pocket camera with me to do documentation as a tech inspector. Pictures of crash damage, etc. Good for blackmail photos late at night in the paddock, etc. It's slow to focus and basically mickey mouse.

For this race Mrs. Frog had gone down to T1. I was in the stands at T5 with Tracy Rand and Dennis Firestone. On the first green lap i saw the field coming over the hill and said, "Uh Huh, this might be something." I remembered the pocket camera. Pulled it out, turned it on, pointed, and hit the trigger. It actually sort of focused...

Today i downloaded the camera's memory to clear it for this weekend at M-O...

Marc didn't ask me to post the picture. But it is one of the thousands of stories from the FF40th.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

One of the many benefits to having 509,491,001,491,040 photographers from apex at the event - cameras everywhere!

Liked: 201

Great shot

Marc is going to love that shot!

Liked: 201

Is there a shot like that for the next lap in turn five?

Liked: 0

Default Another View

Here's another angle on the picture above. Don't have the next lap though. This was shot by Ethan Mackey.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Hmm I believe so - I'll just have to check all the pictures when I get a chance.

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Marc is going to love that shot!

YUP !!! I think you're little camera was handily outdone ! Thanks anyway Mr. Frog,

and thanks Denis, great shot !
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 702

Marc Blanc ordered a bunch of pictures from us. Even though we had a lot of great shots of his family, his cars in action, etc... he was still a bit disappointed that we didn't have a shot of him leading out of T5.
    I forgot that I had this sequence on my laptop. Still no match for Denis' photo, though!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 702

enhanced a bit...
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 42

Default Great Job

Marc Blanc ordered a bunch of pictures from us........we had a lot of great shots of his family, his cars in action, etc...

Received my disc a while ago, but finally had a chance to review it tonight.

GREAT SHOTS

Loved the candid ones, from all over the place,
    Mrs Frog must have a callous on her shutter finger.

Thanks,
    I would recommend a Frog photo purchase to anyone, with the disc starting out with some general shots of RA, and the FF40th on the electronic board, gives it a flavor of reliving the event.

Got my heart rate up, just flipping through the pics.
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 39

Default Missing photos

Hey Frog,
    In August you posted a bunch of great photos on this thread, along with your comments. Now I can still read your comments but I can't se the photos anymore. Am I technologically challenged or have the photos disappeared?
    Thanks, and Merry Christmas.
    Chuck Smith
    Tiga (with the big #15 on the side)

Apexspeed has something like a 5G limit on the number of pictures one is allowed to post.

With over 5000 posts out there and many containing pictures, i was way over the top. So, I stripped out about 1,500 pictures off the site. Now I'm at the point if I want to add a picture I have to first delete one. The result is most of my pictures on the site are only a few months old. Recently, I've started removing shots from the '09 Runoffs.

What shots might you be searching for?

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default 40th group shot

Frog, how can I get the poster in electronic format, to go in my proposed digital picture frame? The image I bought is too big for the scanner. Jim
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Jim,

Tell me what the size is on your digital frame. We can craft something out of the original to fit into your frame. But, it has to be based off the original shot, not with all the foo-foo that surrounds the fancy poster.

Trust me, it will work. Did anybody buy your cool RV yet?

Default Sold, not bought

Frog, Sold the RV, Haven't bought the frame yet. I'll get you the specs as soon as I figure out how big I can afford. I spent more than I like to think about on the new RV. [I think of it as a long term commitment to racing, It sounds better than the insanity plea.] Jim
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Jim,

Hey, I'm in sync with you on the big RV deal. Take a deep breath and two motrin. Come summer you'll be glad you did it. But, gotta admit, it is a bit distracting to the racing program. At times the RV takes more care and feeding than the race car.

Get over it...

Let me know about the display, we have to be able to format something to fit. But you should display that picture of all the Swifts with your car right up there in front...

Frog, How about 20 inch, 4:3 asp. ratio, 1280x960; anything else you need to know? [You can go directly to my e-mail at swiftdriver@att.net ] Jim
    Last edited by swiftdrivr; 01.01.10 at 5:14 PM.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information