Liked: 5

Default First F600 Tries Out @ Road Atlanta

The postings are on www.eformulacarnews.com under F500 Event News. This was not a good weekend but lessons were learned.

Jim

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by jim murphy View Post
    The postings are on www.eformulacarnews.com under F500 Event News. This was not a good weekend but lessons were learned.

Jim
    Got a direct link?
    Last edited by RussMcB; 07.20.09 at 7:41 AM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 190
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thank you, Bill, for posting the link. Clint & Dan should make the Barber Labor Day Regional. I will be at Lincoln, Nebraska for the Solo Nationals.

Jim

Liked: 553

I hope they're not discouraged. There have been rare occasions when a new car design goes to the track and doesn't have problems. I'm sure they'll tackle the issues and have a great car soon.

My hunch is that mere close proximity of an oil line to a header would not cause a fire, or even transfer all that much heat, but (of course), it's a good idea to avoid that, for the life of the hose if nothing else. My hunch is a leak caused the fire.

I think the "lots of shifting" comment is interesting. I wonder if the intake restriction is a contributing factor. Personally, I love shifting, just for the sheer fun of it. But, if it's hurting lap times I can understand him not liking it. I know what's most important to Clint - getting to the checkered flag first. :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I hope they're not discouraged. There have been rare occasions when a new car design goes to the track and doesn't have problems. I'm sure they'll tackle the issues and have a great car soon.

My hunch is that mere close proximity of an oil line to a header would not cause a fire, or even transfer all that much heat, but (of course), it's a good idea to avoid that, for the life of the hose if nothing else. My hunch is a leak caused the fire.

I think the "lots of shifting" comment is interesting. I wonder if the intake restriction is a contributing factor. Personally, I love shifting, just for the sheer fun of it. But, if it's hurting lap times I can understand him not liking it. I know what's most important to Clint - getting to the checkered flag first. :-).
    Russ,
    As you will see in the other forum postings, Clint & Dan are not discouraged - too much - and they are going to try and debug the car every chance that they can before the Barber Labor Day Regional which they are (or will be) entered in. The first thing is to re-route the headers away from the oil adaptor plate at the bottom of the motor. AND metal braid/heat sheath the oil lines as well.

The car does not have any IIR's in the motor so that we can establish a baseline BEFORE any IIR's are added. The final drive ratio is affecting the frequency of shifting, of course, so when the car has been debugged and has gotten reliable, then Clint will start changing gear sprockets to see where the best top end is and the resulting change in the frequency of shifting.
    There is much to be learned.

Jim
    Last edited by jim murphy; 07.21.09 at 9:59 AM.

Jay Stroud was able to post two brief youtube video clips of Clint driving down the front straight at RA. Go to the link above.

Jim

Liked: 0

Default F600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blRWHFlkoqA

The car sounds AWESOME!!!!
    I would love to see more pics if you have them. Good luck with getting the car back together.

Thread Information