Liked: 13

Default July 17,18, & 19 Car Count

You can never guess as to the number of formula cars are going to show up at this event . Racing will be on the Summit Point Raceway with open practice on Friday. Race one is on Saturday with race 2 on Sunday. It seems like the number of formula cars will be better than 80 BUT some drivers will not make it while just how many walk ons will show up is anyones guess; The paddock should be a sight for sore eyes!
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Liked: 0

Attending Fri / Sat

ill be there all weekend with another SCCA guy. (both FVs) and I know of a FC from SCCA too. Should be a good view. it'd be cool to get a picture of a padddock with all the cars in it.
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Default formula

FC 99Mygale will be there too
    Ray Proulx
    Ray Proulx
    5109 Holly Dr.
    West River Md. 20778
    Cel 443-9947403 Res 410-867-3768

Default where are you all parking

Would be nice to get all the Vee's together, I need electric and a place for a tent, let's gang up on the Fords!
    Bill Carroll
    http://componentsolutionsllc.net/
    Component Solutions - Construction and Race Car Marketing
    Euroswift SC97, VWBug GT4

Liked: 17

I, unfortunately, will not be there this weekend, but definitely in August!
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 13

Well, like I said you never know who will attend as "walk-ons" and while some pre-registered drivers did not attend, I heard the car count was 85 with 32 in the pro F/2000 class. It was crowded, exciting and everyone seemed to have a smile on their face. The next race for the BSFCS and the FRCCA will be August 22 & 23 on the fast & challenging Shenandoah circuit; how many will continue to enjoy this pure formula car racing? All formula car classes are recognized and welcomed as is!
    yours for the Sport, AJ

Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default Support your local open wheel club

Ran with FRCCA at Summit for the first time. What a breath of fresh air. No 5,000 page rule book, just a bunch of guys looking to enjoy club racing like it was designed to be - fun and friendly. John and Jens welcomed my vintage legal car (which does not meet pages 3650 to 4250 of the other club's manual) and we all had a blast.

Hope to be back in September.

Many thanks to John Heckman, Jens Scott and all the people involved. It is not costly, there is lots of track time and its low stress. We met some great new people who looked after each other out on the track and who we look forward to seeing again. Support these guys, they care about open wheel racing.

BB2
    BB2

Thread Information