Liked: 1

Default A taste of Portland

Finally got this sucker downloaded from the video camera: the start and first lap of the Sunday National at Portland this past weekend.

http://www.dauntlessracing.com/video...Race2-Lap1.wmv

The torque, it burns us... now we gotta hitch up some bigger wings 'n stuff to this beastie!

Cheers,
    Rennie

Liked: 0

Very nice!

I thought from the title it might have been video from that first practice sessions where everything from FV's to FA's were on track together.

Steve

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Were you hitting the Nitrous Button?

Or was everyone else asleep at the start?

Liked: 1

Default Afterburner

Nah, I didn't get a particularly good start - that's all down to Arnie's latest mill. I keep saying this thing is a monster, and there is the video proof! Well, maybe our new wing / aero package helped a bit on the top end, but that mid-range is all Arnie...

As long as I could keep the car reasonably close on corner exit, that motor was pulling me around people on the straights all weekend, which really helped when it came time to start going through lapped traffic. Keith Lively (the orange Swift 014 off pole in the video) was about 7 tenths per lap quicker than me all weekend in clear traffic, but no way could he get through traffic like I could. I was essentially an at-will passer down the straights, whereas Keith had to draft a bit to get folks. Keith would hound me for the first couple of laps until we started hauling down the back of the field, then the gap would stretch out to 5-7 seconds.

And it's not like we were geared for acceleration either - same gears here as we had at Road America. Tall, tall, tall. Just lots of torque to pull it with!

Cheers,
    Rennie

Liked: 210

Interesting video Rennie. Also interesting that the Nationals raced without the Festival Chicane. Had it been there it would have made that torque even more valuable
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Interesting video Rennie. Also interesting that the Nationals raced without the Festival Chicane. Had it been there it would have made that torque even more valuable
    I was told they raced in that configuration because you can only run a certain number of races at a given track (defined as a given configuration). The draft was definitely something to behold, even in our much slower cars!

Steve

Thread Information